    companion too. I can click on the Search toolbar button and it works though.
    --
    MjY LeIsFuEs
    =?Utf-8?B?cG9zdG1hYw==?=, Jul 14, 2006

  2. I have no idea what product is providing your right click search feature,
    but it doesn't really matter. The problem is that the feature uses a 32-bit
    DLL to interact with Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, 64-bit programs can't
    use 32-bit DLLs. And with Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows
    Explorer is a 64-bit program. You need an updated version from whomever you
    got this from, or you need to use one of the workarounds that have been
    discussed here and other places. See my blog post for details on one
    workaround that I used to get WinZIP up and running...
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/archive/2005/06/19/54064.aspx

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 14, 2006

  3. When you right click start in x64 what choices are you supposed to have?
    --
    MjY LeIsFuEs
    =?Utf-8?B?cG9zdG1hYw==?=, Jul 17, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cG9zdG1hYw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I have open, explore, search and properties + open and explore all users.
    Several installed program related entries also appear (ie A/V scan start
    menu)

    John Barnes, Jul 17, 2006
  5. Charlie, you wrote:
    "I have no idea what product is providing your right click search feature,
    but it doesn't really matter. "
    The product (according to what John Barnes wrote) seems to be just the
    standard windows component. That is what I am trying to get to work again.
    --
    MjY LeIsFuEs

    =?Utf-8?B?cG9zdG1hYw==?=, Jul 17, 2006
  6. Depends on what's loaded DLL's into your system. I have about a dozen things
    on it, including a search. But if you've got something that has unregistered
    the default search, and re-registered a 32-bit one, you're going to not see
    one in x64.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 17, 2006
  7. Most likely, some product has replaced your search with its own. This has
    caused the default search to be unregistered, and third party search to be
    registered. But since the third party one is 32-bit, it won't show. I'm
    guessing here, since I do see a search on my machine, along with other
    things I've got loaded.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64