    I hope someone can tell me either how to solve the problem manually, or
    suggest a freeware program that will do it for me.

    Thank-you

    George Richards, Nov 16, 2003

  2. George Richards

    Boomer Guest

    "George Richards" <> wrote in
    news:snztb.50053$:

    > Hope you good folks can help me with this minor, but irritating
    > problem.
    >
    > I have an entry in my context menu (the menu you get when you
    > right click on something) that is no longer valid. I would like to
    > remove it, but don't know how. I have tried re-installing, and
    > then re-uninstalling the program that created the entry, with no
    > success.
    >
    > I am using Windows XP Home.
    >
    > I hope someone can tell me either how to solve the problem
    > manually, or suggest a freeware program that will do it for me.
    >

    > Thank-you

    Look toward the very bottom of the page, see if this helps:
    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/win95/t1008775093

    Boomer, Nov 16, 2003

  3. George Richards

    Harrison Guest

    It's called the context menu.
    What is the invalid entry?

    Harrison, Nov 16, 2003
  4. George Richards

    °Mike° Guest

    Get Jv16 Power Tools and use the registry (orphan) cleaner.

    On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 19:18:34 -0500, in
    <snztb.50053$>
    George Richards scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Nov 16, 2003
  5. Re: Right Click Menu Problem (Thank You)

    "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    > "George Richards" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Hope you good folks can help me with this minor, but irritating
    > > problem.
    > >
    > > I have an entry in my context menu (the menu you get when you
    > > right click on something) that is no longer valid. I would like to
    > > remove it, but don't know how. I have tried re-installing, and
    > > then re-uninstalling the program that created the entry, with no
    > > success.
    > >
    > > I am using Windows XP Home.
    > >
    > > I hope someone can tell me either how to solve the problem
    > > manually, or suggest a freeware program that will do it for me.
    > >

    > > Thank-you

    > Look toward the very bottom of the page, see if this helps:
    > http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/win95/t1008775093

    Hello Boomer

    I haven't seen any posts from you in a very long time over at acf. I have
    missed you.

    Although it was Mike who suggested the solution that was right for me (jv16
    powertools), I wanted to thank you for your quick response.

    George Richards

    George Richards, Nov 16, 2003
  6. Re: Right Click Menu Problem (Thank You)

    "Harrison" <> wrote in message
    > It's called the context menu.
    > What is the invalid entry?

    Hello Harrison

    The incorrect entry was "Set_as_Wallpaper". This entry was created by ESCO
    Wallpaper Changer.

    Although Mike suggested the best solution for me, I wanted to thank you for
    taking an interest in my problem, and attempting to help.

    George Richards

    George Richards, Nov 16, 2003
  7. George Richards

    Patrick Guest

    George Richards wrote:
    > Hope you good folks can help me with this minor, but irritating
    > problem.
    >
    > I have an entry in my context menu (the menu you get when you right
    > click on something) that is no longer valid. I would like to remove
    > it, but don't know how. I have tried re-installing, and then
    > re-uninstalling the program that created the entry, with no success.
    >
    > I am using Windows XP Home.
    >
    > I hope someone can tell me either how to solve the problem manually,
    > or suggest a freeware program that will do it for me.
    >

    > Thank-you

    Have you tried clicking the entry, if the thing is invalid (uninstalled) I
    would have thought that you would get an error report and an offer to
    redirect or delete.

    Patrick, Nov 16, 2003
  8. Re: Right Click Menu Problem (Thank You for the solution to my problem)

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > Get Jv16 Power Tools and use the registry (orphan) cleaner.

    I want to send you a big thank-you for providing the tool to solve my
    problem. I do feel a little stupid though. I am a regular over at
    news:alt.comp.freeware , and jv16 was considered pricelessware for a very
    long time. Don't remember why I uninstalled it.

    George Richards

    George Richards, Nov 16, 2003
  9. George Richards

    Boomer Guest

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message

    [snip]
    > Hello Boomer
    >
    > I haven't seen any posts from you in a very long time over at acf.
    > I have missed you.
    >
    > Although it was Mike who suggested the solution that was right for
    > me (jv16 powertools), I wanted to thank you for your quick
    > response.
    >
    > George Richards

    Hi George

    I was over there this week IIRC. Usually I go to acfd.

    I may poke in over there and give ya "heck". ;o)

    So glad to see you over here! And I hope you stop by (without
    problems) more often. :))

    Boomer, Nov 16, 2003
  10. George Richards

    Bryan Guest

    "George Richards" <> wrote in message
    > "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Get Jv16 Power Tools and use the registry (orphan) cleaner.

    > I want to send you a big thank-you for providing the tool to solve my
    > problem. I do feel a little stupid though. I am a regular over at
    > news:alt.comp.freeware , and jv16 was considered pricelessware for a
    > very long time. Don't remember why I uninstalled it.
    >
    > George Richards

    Good God! A person with manners!
    How unusual in here, (I know, damn it).
    Well typed George, and "hats off to you", pal!
    :)

    Bryan, Nov 16, 2003
  11. George Richards

    °Mike° Guest

    Re: Right Click Menu Problem (Thank You for the solution to my problem)

    On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 21:15:15 -0500, in
    <U4Btb.23179$>
    George Richards scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Get Jv16 Power Tools and use the registry (orphan) cleaner.

    >I want to send you a big thank-you for providing the tool to solve my
    >problem. I do feel a little stupid though. I am a regular over at
    >news:alt.comp.freeware , and jv16 was considered pricelessware for a very
    >long time. Don't remember why I uninstalled it.
    >
    >George Richards

    You're welcome, George.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 16, 2003
  12. George Richards

    Richard Guest

    °Mike°! wrote:

    > Get Jv16 Power Tools and use the registry (orphan) cleaner.

    > On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 19:18:34 -0500, in
    > <snztb.50053$>
    > George Richards scrawled:

    >>Hope you good folks can help me with this minor, but irritating problem.
    >>
    >>I have an entry in my context menu (the menu you get when you right click
    >>on something) that is no longer valid. I would like to remove it, but

    > don't know how. I have tried re-installing, and then re-uninstalling the
    > program that created the entry, with no success. I am using Windows XP
    > Home. I hope someone can tell me either how to solve the problem manually,
    > or suggest a freeware program that will do it for me. Thank-you

    > --
    > STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    Comparing jv16 with easy cleaner, EC is much more accurate.
    Jv16 in the hands of persons who do not know what they are doing, could do
    damage to their system.
    JV16 found many legitimate entries that were pointing to active executable
    files.
    EC only locates those items which appear to be dead or point nowhere.
    I've been using EC for several years and not once had any problems with it.
    I've seen numerous reports where JV16 just crashes and dies for no reason.

    Richard, Nov 16, 2003
  13. George Richards

    Richard Guest

    Patrick! wrote:

    > George Richards wrote:
    >> Hope you good folks can help me with this minor, but irritating
    >> problem.
    >>
    >> I have an entry in my context menu (the menu you get when you right
    >> click on something) that is no longer valid. I would like to remove
    >> it, but don't know how. I have tried re-installing, and then
    >> re-uninstalling the program that created the entry, with no success.
    >>
    >> I am using Windows XP Home.
    >>
    >> I hope someone can tell me either how to solve the problem manually,
    >> or suggest a freeware program that will do it for me.
    >>

    >> Thank-you

    > Have you tried clicking the entry, if the thing is invalid (uninstalled)
    > I would have thought that you would get an error report and an offer to
    > redirect or delete.

    Not in the context menu. A click activates the selection.
    The only way to remove it is in the registry.
    Search for the entry and delete the shell folder.

    Richard, Nov 16, 2003
  14. George Richards

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 01:05:06 -0600, in
    <>
    Richard scrawled:

    > °Mike°! wrote:
    >
    > > Get Jv16 Power Tools and use the registry (orphan) cleaner.

    <snip>

    >Comparing jv16 with easy cleaner, EC is much more accurate.

    Bullis-shit.

    >Jv16 in the hands of persons who do not know what they
    >are doing, could do damage to their system.

    In other words, it's too complicated for you, st00pid?
    Any registry editor should be used with caution.

    >JV16 found many legitimate entries that were pointing to
    >active executable files.

    That is highly likely, but EasyCleaner does exactly the same.

    >EC only locates those items which appear to be dead or
    >point nowhere.

    That is just not true. No registry cleaner is foolproof. EC
    has found "valid" entries (as has JV16) on my system.

    >I've been using EC for several years and not once had any
    >problems with it.

    I thought your preferred method of cleaning the registry
    was "search for it, and delete it"!

    >I've seen numerous reports where JV16 just crashes and
    >dies for no reason.

    I haven't.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 16, 2003
  15. George Richards

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 01:08:00 -0600, in
    <>
    Richard scrawled:

    > Patrick! wrote:
    >
    > > George Richards wrote:
    > >> Hope you good folks can help me with this minor, but irritating
    > >> problem.
    > >>
    > >> I have an entry in my context menu (the menu you get when you right
    > >> click on something) that is no longer valid. I would like to remove
    > >> it, but don't know how. I have tried re-installing, and then
    > >> re-uninstalling the program that created the entry, with no success.
    > >>
    > >> I am using Windows XP Home.
    > >>
    > >> I hope someone can tell me either how to solve the problem manually,
    > >> or suggest a freeware program that will do it for me.
    > >>

    > >> Thank-you

    > > Have you tried clicking the entry, if the thing is invalid (uninstalled)
    > > I would have thought that you would get an error report and an offer to
    > > redirect or delete.

    >Not in the context menu. A click activates the selection.
    >The only way to remove it is in the registry.
    >Search for the entry and delete the shell folder.

    Until you know what the heck you are talking about, (ie.
    never), STFU, Bullis.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 16, 2003