    OMG, I'm pimping a printer.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 17, 2005

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Anyone played with the Ricoh printers?
    >
    > They are awesomely priced(AP410 is ~$1100 equivilent to HP4350DTN), and
    > their support contracts are very reasonable too.
    >
    > Work/I have just installed our first and are very impressed sofar,
    > they're even slightly easier than the HPs.
    >
    > OMG, I'm pimping a printer.

    orry about that, I'm just kinda impressed with them.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 17, 2005

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    AD. Guest

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 16:10:38 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > OMG, I'm pimping a printer.

    Don't worry Dave, admitting you have a problem is the first step on the
    road to recovery...

    ;)

    --
    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Aug 17, 2005
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Anyone played with the Ricoh printers?
    >
    > They are awesomely priced(AP410 is ~$1100 equivilent to HP4350DTN), and
    > their support contracts are very reasonable too.
    >
    > Work/I have just installed our first and are very impressed sofar,
    > they're even slightly easier than the HPs.
    >
    > OMG, I'm pimping a printer.

    There was as newish single pass colour laser on Trademe I could've
    bought for $500. I'm kicking myself now, since after more research and
    shopping, it looks like that was the one for me.
    I'm a Trampoline, Aug 17, 2005
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in news:ddvnhu.lo.1
    @fairground.synaptic.net.nz:

    > They are awesomely priced(AP410 is ~$1100 equivilent to HP4350DTN), and
    > their support contracts are very reasonable too.

    TCO?

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Aug 18, 2005
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    SchoolTech Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Anyone played with the Ricoh printers?
    >
    >They are awesomely priced(AP410 is ~$1100 equivilent to HP4350DTN), and
    >their support contracts are very reasonable too.
    >
    >Work/I have just installed our first and are very impressed sofar,
    >they're even slightly easier than the HPs.
    >
    >OMG, I'm pimping a printer.

    We have an AP206 which is quite good, cost about $995.
    The software for network use gives you a useful status indicator and
    "file printed" popup notifications (SmartDeviceMonitor).
    SchoolTech, Aug 18, 2005
  7. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    SchoolTech Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Anyone played with the Ricoh printers?
    >
    >They are awesomely priced(AP410 is ~$1100 equivilent to HP4350DTN), and
    >their support contracts are very reasonable too.
    >
    >Work/I have just installed our first and are very impressed sofar,
    >they're even slightly easier than the HPs.
    >
    >OMG, I'm pimping a printer.

    No idea of TCO.
    SchoolTech, Aug 18, 2005
  8. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Anyone played with the Ricoh printers?
    >
    > They are awesomely priced(AP410 is ~$1100 equivilent to HP4350DTN), and
    > their support contracts are very reasonable too.
    >
    > Work/I have just installed our first and are very impressed sofar,
    > they're even slightly easier than the HPs.
    >
    > OMG, I'm pimping a printer.

    I used to fix em but I wont say what I think about them.

    what It boils down to is how long do you want it to last and how much do
    you expect to print

    say a $300 Brother compared to a $600 Kyocera compared to a $xxxx
    photocopier that can print

    the thing to work out is what is the expected replacment scdule of parts
    like the fuser is it 30thousand prints 60thousand or more than 100
    thousand prints the same with the drum and dev tank.

    Robert Cooze, Aug 18, 2005
  9. Dave Taylor wrote:
    >>They are awesomely priced(AP410 is ~$1100 equivilent to HP4350DTN), and
    >>their support contracts are very reasonable too.

    > TCO?

    Supposedly lower than HP... hence the change... dunno the figures, I
    don't work with the numbers, I just deal with the outcome.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 18, 2005
  10. Robert Cooze wrote:
    >> OMG, I'm pimping a printer.

    > what It boils down to is how long do you want it to last and how much do
    > you expect to print

    > the thing to work out is what is the expected replacment scdule of parts
    > like the fuser is it 30thousand prints 60thousand or more than 100
    > thousand prints the same with the drum and dev tank.

    the replacement cycle on the fuser and drum is meant to be 100k and 200k
    pages, we have a 2 fault replacement guarantee on them(including tray
    and pickup problems).

    Auckland uni must like them too, supposedly they emptied Ricoh NZs
    entire stock of them late last month.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 18, 2005
  11. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Robert Cooze Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Robert Cooze wrote:
    >
    >>> OMG, I'm pimping a printer.

    >> what It boils down to is how long do you want it to last and how much
    >> do you expect to print

    >> the thing to work out is what is the expected replacment scdule of
    >> parts like the fuser is it 30thousand prints 60thousand or more than
    >> 100 thousand prints the same with the drum and dev tank.

    > the replacement cycle on the fuser and drum is meant to be 100k and 200k
    > pages, we have a 2 fault replacement guarantee on them(including tray
    > and pickup problems).
    >
    > Auckland uni must like them too, supposedly they emptied Ricoh NZs
    > entire stock of them late last month.

    That is the bigger machine which was a codevelopment whith the
    photocopier. I was talking about the smaller desk top machine, The
    smaller machines had a all in one catrage with a seperate fuser. The all
    in one had toner drum and waste. the bigger machines have a seprate drum
    toner rrecycleing supposedly no waste toner tank,fuzer and dev tank
    (real Dev) unless they have moved to monocomponent toner.

    As for empting Rich's stock they only carry about a months expectied
    stock and enought to cover any big deal. Most companys are like this as
    ware housing cost's Big Bucks.

    Now 2 fault garrentee? what about 500000 three years for the current
    equvilent I work on now?

    Robert Cooze, Aug 19, 2005