  1. A friend brought one of these last week but it seems to have problems reading
    some CD's and DVD..

    Are these Problem drives, ? it has the V1.19 firmware..
    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Feb 22, 2005

  2. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    EMB Guest

    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:

    > A friend brought one of these last week but it seems to have problems reading
    > some CD's and DVD..
    >
    > Are these Problem drives, ? it has the V1.19 firmware..

    Do you mean MP5240?

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Feb 22, 2005

  3. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Benji Thorn Guest

    Are you using Windows XP SP2? I just had to update some software because
    the brand new drive I got today would not work under Windows XP SP2.
    After downloading the very latest version of Nero I was able to use the
    drive. Logically there is no way that should be a problem reading dvd's
    but a forum said to, I did, now it works.

    Benji Thorn, Feb 22, 2005
  4. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    EMB Guest

    EMB wrote:
    > BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:
    >

    >> A friend brought one of these last week but it seems to have problems
    >> reading
    >> some CD's and DVD..
    >>
    >> Are these Problem drives, ? it has the V1.19 firmware..
    >>

    > Do you mean MP5240?

    To answer my own question, yes you do - the RW is the OEM version.
    According to a Ricoh tech I know it's DVD+R/RW only and has no DVD-R/RW
    functionality, and 1.19 is the latest firmware available.

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Feb 22, 2005
  5. On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:07:49 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    >BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:
    >>

    >> A friend brought one of these last week but it seems to have problems reading
    >> some CD's and DVD..
    >>
    >> Are these Problem drives, ? it has the V1.19 firmware..
    >>

    >Do you mean MP5240?

    No...!
    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Feb 22, 2005
  6. On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:13:49 +1300, Benji Thorn <>
    wrote:

    >Are you using Windows XP SP2? I just had to update some software because
    >the brand new drive I got today would not work under Windows XP SP2.
    >After downloading the very latest version of Nero I was able to use the
    >drive. Logically there is no way that should be a problem reading dvd's
    >but a forum said to, I did, now it works.

    Its was a DVD+R that it did not read and one small file on a CDR, This DVD
    works on both of my DVD drives and the other problem worked on his CD
    Burner..

    It also Played a DVD Movie ok..

    Will be Trying a Real Richo DVD+R disk..

    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Feb 22, 2005
  7. BILL     bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

    Adder Guest

    In article <421ae9bb$> in nz.comp on Tue, 22 Feb 2005
    21:13:49 +1300, Benji Thorn <> says...
    > Are you using Windows XP SP2? I just had to update some software because
    > the brand new drive I got today would not work under Windows XP SP2.
    > After downloading the very latest version of Nero I was able to use the
    > drive. Logically there is no way that should be a problem reading dvd's
    > but a forum said to, I did, now it works.

    nero does need update to work with sp2
    Adder, Feb 22, 2005