    The Local computer shop in Coastlands has 50cd Spindles of Richo CD at $30inc

    I don't know what make these are as they are made in Taiwan..

    So what is the verdict one these, I think one person here raved about them..
    Dumdedo, Dec 20, 2003

  2. On 20 Dec 2003 Roger Sheppard, posting as Dumdedo, wrote

    > The Local computer shop in Coastlands has 50cd Spindles of Richo CD
    > at $30inc

    Cheaper elsewhere.

    > I don't know what make these are as they are made in Taiwan..

    I do.

    > So what is the verdict one these, I think one person here raved about
    > them..

    They did.

    To use your own unhelpful words, "You get what you pay for".

    --
    Nicolaas.

    - Lamb's grandmother: Baaa-Nana.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Dumdedo

    al Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 18:45:49 +1300, Dumdedo
    <> wrote:

    >The Local computer shop in Coastlands has 50cd Spindles of Richo CD at $30inc
    >
    >I don't know what make these are as they are made in Taiwan..
    >
    >So what is the verdict one these, I think one person here raved about them..

    Just bought a 50 Cd spindle this morning at the computer flea market
    in Panmure for $25.00 inc.

    Have already burned 5 discs without any problem using an Aopen
    32-12-48 writer.

    HTH
    al, Dec 20, 2003
  4. Dumdedo

    Tim Guest

    Dumdedo <> wrote in

    > The Local computer shop in Coastlands has 50cd Spindles of Richo CD
    > at $30inc
    >
    > I don't know what make these are as they are made in Taiwan..

    I can answer that - Ricoh. They have their own factory

    > So what is the verdict one these, I think one person here raved about
    > them..

    I've been told they are good - have yet to try a spindle myself.

    --
    Tim
    - <insert witty signature here>
    Tim, Dec 20, 2003
  5. Dumdedo

    Dumdedo Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 06:13:20 +0000 (UTC), Nicolaas Hawkins <>
    wrote:

    >On 20 Dec 2003 Roger Sheppard, posting as Dumdedo, wrote
    >

    >> The Local computer shop in Coastlands has 50cd Spindles of Richo CD
    >> at $30inc

    >Cheaper elsewhere.
    >

    >> I don't know what make these are as they are made in Taiwan..

    >I do.
    >

    >> So what is the verdict one these, I think one person here raved about
    >> them..

    >They did.
    >

    >To use your own unhelpful words, "You get what you pay for".

    Gee is this new group only full of Retards..
    Dumdedo, Dec 20, 2003
  6. On 20 Dec 2003, Dumdedo wrote

    > On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 06:13:20 +0000 (UTC), Nicolaas Hawkins
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 20 Dec 2003 Roger Sheppard, posting as Dumdedo, wrote
    >>

    >>> The Local computer shop in Coastlands has 50cd Spindles of Richo CD
    >>> at $30inc

    >>Cheaper elsewhere.
    >>

    >>> I don't know what make these are as they are made in Taiwan..

    >>I do.
    >>

    >>> So what is the verdict one these, I think one person here raved
    >>> about them..

    >>They did.
    >>

    >>To use your own unhelpful words, "You get what you pay for".

    > Gee is this new group only full of Retards..

    Wassamatter, diddums? Don't you like having your own style of unhelpful
    CRAP reply thrown back at you?

    The only retard here is you. And, boy! Are YOU ever a retard!

    --

    - Do you suffer from dementia, or do you enjoy every moment of it?
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Dec 20, 2003
  7. Dumdedo

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Tim wrote:
    > Dumdedo <> wrote in
    >

    >> The Local computer shop in Coastlands has 50cd Spindles of Richo CD
    >> at $30inc
    >>
    >> I don't know what make these are as they are made in Taiwan..

    > I can answer that - Ricoh. They have their own factory
    >
    >> So what is the verdict one these, I think one person here raved
    >> about them..

    > I've been told they are good - have yet to try a spindle myself.

    I've used quite a few with no problems. Mind you, although they are rated at
    40X and my drive can write at 52X I always write at 16X or less, with any
    media.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Dec 20, 2003
  8. Dumdedo

    Gib Bogle Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Tim wrote:
    >
    >>Dumdedo <> wrote in
    >>

    >>>The Local computer shop in Coastlands has 50cd Spindles of Richo CD
    >>>at $30inc
    >>>
    >>>I don't know what make these are as they are made in Taiwan..

    >>I can answer that - Ricoh. They have their own factory
    >>

    >>>So what is the verdict one these, I think one person here raved
    >>>about them..

    >>I've been told they are good - have yet to try a spindle myself.

    > I've used quite a few with no problems. Mind you, although they are rated at
    > 40X and my drive can write at 52X I always write at 16X or less, with any
    > media.

    Before fixing Easy CD Creator I was blaming the Ricoh disks -
    coincidentally I was using them for the first time. MC Technology has
    them cheap in Sandringham.

    Gib
    Gib Bogle, Dec 21, 2003
  9. Dumdedo

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Gib Bogle wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Tim wrote:
    >>
    >>> Dumdedo <> wrote in

    >>> I can answer that - Ricoh. They have their own factory

    >>> I've been told they are good - have yet to try a spindle myself.

    >> I've used quite a few with no problems. Mind you, although they are
    >> rated at 40X and my drive can write at 52X I always write at 16X or
    >> less, with any media.

    > Before fixing Easy CD Creator I was blaming the Ricoh disks -
    > coincidentally I was using them for the first time. MC Technology has
    > them cheap in Sandringham.

    As does QMB in Mt. Roskill. $22-odd + GST for a 50 spindle.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Dec 21, 2003