    ACTA is also written up in a recent computer magazine,
    I'm not sure which one. It sounds quite concerning
    for anyone that uses the internet.

    Adam, Aug 7, 2008

  2. Adam

    Peter Guest

    Adam wrote:
    > National Radio announces that Richard Stallman
    > is a guest on the Kim Hill programme, Saturday
    > morning 9th Aug.
    >
    > Should be interesting, those two together.

    Well, it would be interesting if RMS actually made it to the interview.

    Peter, Aug 8, 2008

  3. Adam

    Peter Guest

    Freesias wrote:

    > Podcast still not yet on the website. :eek:(

    It is there now ...
    http://www.radionz.co.nz/podcasts/allrnz.rss

    But in mp3 format, despite Kim Hill saying they'd put it up as an ogg file
    (since ogg is a free libre format).

    Peter, Aug 9, 2008
  4. Adam

    peterwn Guest

    On Aug 9, 9:59 am, Freesias <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 21:22:11 +1200, Adam wrote:
    > > National Radio announces that Richard Stallman is a guest on the Kim
    > > Hill programme, Saturday morning 9th Aug.

    > > Should be interesting, those two together.

    > > Maybe they'll talk about ACTA, or maybe not.
    > >http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/SC0807/S00055.htm

    > > ACTA is also written up in a recent computer magazine, I'm not sure
    > > which one. It sounds quite concerning for anyone that uses the internet.

    > Podcast still not yet on the website. :eek:(

    At 8.15am, Kim advised that he 'no showed'. She said that he does not
    have a cell phone as they contain detestable proprietary software.
    Hence her producer could not contact him.

    peterwn, Aug 9, 2008
  5. Adam

    Gordon Guest

    On 2008-08-09, peterwn <> wrote:
    > On Aug 9, 9:59 am, Freesias <> wrote:
    >> On Thu, 07 Aug 2008 21:22:11 +1200, Adam wrote:
    >> > National Radio announces that Richard Stallman is a guest on the Kim
    >> > Hill programme, Saturday morning 9th Aug.

    >> > Should be interesting, those two together.

    >> > Maybe they'll talk about ACTA, or maybe not.
    >> >http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/SC0807/S00055.htm

    >> > ACTA is also written up in a recent computer magazine, I'm not sure
    >> > which one. It sounds quite concerning for anyone that uses the internet.

    >> Podcast still not yet on the website. :eek:(
    >>

    > At 8.15am, Kim advised that he 'no showed'. She said that he does not
    > have a cell phone as they contain detestable proprietary software.
    > Hence her producer could not contact him.

    YES! RMS has discovered that a telephone is for contacting someone on, not
    vica versa

    Gordon, Aug 9, 2008
  6. Adam

    Gordon Guest

    On 2008-08-09, Mark Robinson <2tod.net> wrote:
    > peterwn wrote:
    >>> Podcast still not yet on the website. :eek:(
    >>>

    >> At 8.15am, Kim advised that he 'no showed'. She said that he does not
    >> have a cell phone as they contain detestable proprietary software.
    >> Hence her producer could not contact him.

    > http://podcast.radionz.co.nz/sat/sat-20080809-0845-Richard_Stallman_Freedom-048.mp3

    How delightfully ironic that a podcast, read audio, is on a web page. Why
    does Firefox, or another broswer have to do this.

    isa:// for It is Audio might be another protocol in the making.

    Finally, I do not think that mp3 is Open Source Software, and yet this file
    is. See above. {:(

    Gordon, Aug 9, 2008
  7. Adam

    Jasen Betts Guest

    On 2008-08-09, Peter <> wrote:
    > Freesias wrote:
    >>
    >> Podcast still not yet on the website. :eek:(

    > It is there now ...
    > http://www.radionz.co.nz/podcasts/allrnz.rss
    >
    > But in mp3 format, despite Kim Hill saying they'd put it up as an ogg file
    > (since ogg is a free libre format).

    not only mp3 it's also there in asf :(
    http://202.7.7.90/rnz/sat/sat-20080809-0845-Richard_Stallman_Freedom-mbr.wma?MSWMExt=.asf
    Richard stallman will no doubt like that even less :^)

    Possibly the inclusion of the OGG format podcast was a list-minute
    thing and is waiting for someone who knows how to run the codec to
    show up on monday.

    Bye.
    Jasen

    Jasen Betts, Aug 9, 2008
  8. Adam

    Jasen Betts Guest

    On 2008-08-09, Gordon <> wrote:

    >> http://podcast.radionz.co.nz/sat/sat-20080809-0845-Richard_Stallman_Freedom-048.mp3

    > How delightfully ironic that a podcast, read audio, is on a web page. Why
    > does Firefox, or another broswer have to do this.

    you are miskaen http is not a file format, it's how the server
    communicates with the clients. there are many things that are not web
    pages that are still provided via http.

    I can point wget, (or vlc) at that URL and download (or hear) the audio.

    > Finally, I do not think that mp3 is Open Source Software, and yet this file
    > is. See above. {:(

    if if you save the GPL in word (or MS reader) format it's still the GPL

    Bye.
    Jasen

    Jasen Betts, Aug 9, 2008
  9. Adam

    Jasen Betts Guest

    On 2008-08-09, joe_90 <joe_90_remove@nospam_myhttpmail.com> wrote:
    > Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> Finally, I do not think that mp3 is Open Source Software, and yet this file
    >> is. See above. {:(

    > RMS requested the audio be put on the RNZ web site in Ogg Vorbis format
    >
    > http://podcast.radionz.co.nz/sat/sat-20080809-0845-Richard_Stallman_Freedom.ogg

    I didn't see that link when I visited their site.

    --

    Bye.
    Jasen

    Jasen Betts, Aug 9, 2008