    has.

    Chuckcar and richard, we all bow humbly to you.

    APRIL FOOLS.

    Evan Platt, Apr 1, 2009

  2. Evan Platt

    Tony Guest

    Chuckcar has likely busted more peoples' computers than anyone else on
    this newsgroup. Usually he spouts off about knowing everything and how
    everyone else is wrong but his advice is usually the same bullshit take
    everything out of your computer except for the power supply the cpu and
    *one* memory stick. He even gives this advice when the problem is with the
    operating system and has nothing to do with computer hardware problems.
    Beware this Chuckcar character!!

    Evan Platt wrote:

    > I just thought I'd take this time to thank some of the people who have
    > made this group what it is. They've provided excellent advice,
    > completely sound logic, and are some of the brightest minds this group
    > has.
    >
    > Chuckcar and richard, we all bow humbly to you.
    >
    > APRIL FOOLS.

    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    proper manners

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Apr 1, 2009

  3. Evan Platt

    freemont Guest

    On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 10:06:50 -0700, Evan Platt writ:

    > I just thought I'd take this time to thank some of the people who have
    > made this group what it is. They've provided excellent advice,
    > completely sound logic, and are some of the brightest minds this group
    > has.
    >
    > Chuckcar and richard, we all bow humbly to you.
    >

    > APRIL FOOLS.

    Sample Chuckcar help:

    Q. How do I make Excel remove a leading space from some data?
    A. Create a macro that removes leading spaces.

    Q. How do I get to Atlanta?
    A. I75 goes straight from Macon to Savannah.

    Q. MS Paint won't start and gives an error message. What do I do?
    A. Remove your hard drives, optical drives, PCI cards, video card,
    keyboard and mouse (but not while it's still on because it'll FRY the
    COMPUTER!!1!), network cables, USB cables, memory, CPU, case fans, I/
    O devices, and speakers. If it still doesn't work it's probably a dll.

    --
    "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"
    ¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·-> freemont© <-·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯

    freemont, Apr 1, 2009
  4. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 19:34:21 +0000, freemont
    <> wrote:

    >Q. MS Paint won't start and gives an error message. What do I do?
    >A. Remove your hard drives, optical drives, PCI cards, video card,
    >keyboard and mouse (but not while it's still on because it'll FRY the
    >COMPUTER!!1!), network cables, USB cables, memory, CPU, case fans, I/
    >O devices, and speakers. If it still doesn't work it's probably a dll.

    You forgot to reset your BIOS.

    Evan Platt, Apr 1, 2009
  5. freemont wrote:

    > Sample Chuckcar help:

    Don't forget one of his recent favorites, to start MSConfig and turn
    *everything* off. Reboot.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 1, 2009
  6. Evan Platt

    freemont Guest

    On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 12:57:16 -0700, Evan Platt writ:

    > On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 19:34:21 +0000, freemont
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Q. MS Paint won't start and gives an error message. What do I do? A.
    >>Remove your hard drives, optical drives, PCI cards, video card, keyboard
    >>and mouse (but not while it's still on because it'll FRY the
    >>COMPUTER!!1!), network cables, USB cables, memory, CPU, case fans, I/ O
    >>devices, and speakers. If it still doesn't work it's probably a dll.

    > You forgot to reset your BIOS.

    heheh... right. :) More Chuckcar:

    Q. How do I install VirtualBox Guest Additions on Ubuntu?
    A. Control Center that *comes* with Ubuntu maybe?

    <http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Mandriva_Control_Center>

    freemont, Apr 1, 2009
  7. Chief Ironcock wrote:

    > Chuckcar loused up a friend of mine's computer with his daft, dimwitted
    > advice and dry sense of [something missing].

    Chuckie usually posts in the evening, when one of his two synapses is
    having an after-dinner nap.

    I await his replies to this thread with bated breath. I bet the other
    synapse wakes up!

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 1, 2009
  8. "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >I just thought I'd take this time to thank some of the people who have
    > made this group what it is. They've provided excellent advice,
    > completely sound logic, and are some of the brightest minds this group
    > has.
    >
    > Chuckcar and richard, we all bow humbly to you.
    >
    > APRIL FOOLS.

    While I have to agree that those two ARE idiots ... you're no shining beacon
    of light yourself !

    J¡m ßéâñ, Apr 1, 2009
  9. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 16:43:00 -0400, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Evan Platt, the ISP's greatest IT man.

    Damn right.

    >"When an ISP has a problem they can't solve, they call me."

    Yeahhhh.

    >Evan can't possibly understand how two domains can share the same IP.
    >Let alone much of anything else.

    You dumbshit.

    I've explained to you a dozen times (I think you even ASKED) how more
    than one domain shares the same IP.

    Quite simple, so let me state it again.

    In a HTTP request is the domain and full URL requested.

    So if you go to www.example.com , once your browser makes the HTTP
    connection, it says "Hey, get me www.example.com" . If you put in
    www.example.com/something/page3.html , in the HTTP request, your
    browser says "Hey, get me the www.example.com/something/page3.html "
    page. You could hypothetically have the entire internet - every
    website, everywhere, on one IP. Sure, it would be as slow as a game of
    tic tac toe with richard and chuckcar, but it would work.

    Now, idiot, the question I asked you, which you've yet to provide an
    answer to, is how 'hundreds of people' can share the same IP.

    As you said:

    >To make things a tad more difficult, there is something known as IP share. Oh look, we have 300 people usinng the
    >same IP at the same time.

    PEOPLE. Not webservers. PEOPLE. Where's your answer, dumbass?

    And for the sake of argument, we're going to assume that these
    hundreds of people aren't all at the same truckstop or "By The Hour"
    hotels you frequent.

    If you need me to clarify your stupidiy, I'd be happy to

    But I know how NAT works. I know how HTTP works. I run my own web and
    mail server. What about you? Ever get that linux server up and
    running? Ohhhh yeah, you had them downgrade it to XP because your dumb
    ass couldn't handle anything else.

    Idiot.

    Evan Platt, Apr 1, 2009
  10. Evan Platt

    PeeCee Guest

    "philo" <> wrote in message
    > Tony wrote:
    >> Chuckcar has likely busted more peoples' computers than anyone else on
    >> this newsgroup. Usually he spouts off about knowing everything and how
    >> everyone else is wrong but his advice is usually the same bullshit take
    >> everything out of your computer except for the power supply the cpu and
    >> *one* memory stick. He even gives this advice when the problem is with
    >> the
    >> operating system and has nothing to do with computer hardware problems.
    >> Beware this Chuckcar character!!
    >>
    >> Evan Platt wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just thought I'd take this time to thank some of the people who have
    >>> made this group what it is. They've provided excellent advice,
    >>> completely sound logic, and are some of the brightest minds this group
    >>> has.
    >>>
    >>> Chuckcar and richard, we all bow humbly to you.
    >>>
    >>> APRIL FOOLS.

    > Oh come on now,
    > they have both given me great advice...
    > I once had a CPU I thought was bad... (a nice 486-66)
    > but with their help, a magnifying glass and a small soldering iron,
    > I replaced a few transistors (and a small vacuum tube) inside of it
    > and the cpu is now just fine <G>

    But did he advise you to put a hum bucker across the tube's heater pins to
    improve the mains power factor?

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Apr 1, 2009
  11. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 16:14:58 -0700, §ñühw¤£f <>
    wrote:

    >Interesting stuff:
    >http://www.birchmore.org/html/scapegoating.html

    Indeed. For chucktard, we need:

    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/backpedalling

    For RtS, we need
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobotomy

    >DEFINING SCAPEGOATING
    >Scapegoating is a hostile social - psychological discrediting routine by
    >which people move blame and responsibility away from
    >themselves and towards a target person or group.

    I don't put any blame or responsibility to the stupid. I see someone
    posting incorrect or stupid information, I correct them.

    >It is also a practice by which angry feelings and feelings of hostility may be
    >projected, via inappropriate accusation, towards others.

    Chucktard or RtS (or others) post incorrect information, I call them
    on it. Nothing inappropriate there.

    >The target feels wrongly persecuted and receives misplaced vilification,
    >blame and criticism; he is likely to suffer rejection from those who the
    >perpetrator seeks to influence.

    Chucktard and RtS think everyone else but them is stupid.

    >Scapegoating has a wide range of focus: from "approved" enemies of very large groups of people
    >down to the scapegoating of individuals by other
    >individuals. Distortion is always a feature.

    No distortion here.

    Evan Platt, Apr 1, 2009
  12. Evan Platt

    Top Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 10:06:50 -0700, Evan Platt
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I just thought I'd take this time to thank some of the people who have
    > >made this group what it is. They've provided excellent advice,
    > >completely sound logic, and are some of the brightest minds this group
    > >has.
    > >
    > >Chuckcar and richard, we all bow humbly to you.
    > >

    > >APRIL FOOLS.

    > Evan Platt, the ISP's greatest IT man.
    > "When an ISP has a problem they can't solve, they call me."
    >
    > Evan can't possibly understand how two domains can share the same IP.
    > Let alone much of anything else.

    And you can't understand English, logic or why people hate a pedo.

    Top

    --
    Powered by Windows 7 beta

    Top, Apr 2, 2009
  13. Evan Platt

    Tony Guest

    I wonder if the guy with the long nose is related to Chuckcar?
    http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/ferouscranus.htm

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    the realm of understandability

    Tony, Apr 2, 2009
  14. Evan Platt

    Tony Guest

    This represents Chuckcar on usenet.

    Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 16:14:58 -0700, §ñühw¤£f <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Interesting stuff:
    > >http://www.birchmore.org/html/scapegoating.html

    > Indeed. For chucktard, we need:
    >
    > http://www.thefreedictionary.com/backpedalling
    >
    > For RtS, we need
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobotomy
    >
    > >DEFINING SCAPEGOATING
    > >Scapegoating is a hostile social - psychological discrediting routine by
    > >which people move blame and responsibility away from
    > >themselves and towards a target person or group.

    > I don't put any blame or responsibility to the stupid. I see someone
    > posting incorrect or stupid information, I correct them.
    >
    > >It is also a practice by which angry feelings and feelings of hostility may be
    > >projected, via inappropriate accusation, towards others.

    > Chucktard or RtS (or others) post incorrect information, I call them
    > on it. Nothing inappropriate there.
    >
    > >The target feels wrongly persecuted and receives misplaced vilification,
    > >blame and criticism; he is likely to suffer rejection from those who the
    > >perpetrator seeks to influence.

    > Chucktard and RtS think everyone else but them is stupid.
    >
    > >Scapegoating has a wide range of focus: from "approved" enemies of very large groups of people
    > >down to the scapegoating of individuals by other
    > >individuals. Distortion is always a feature.

    > No distortion here.

    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    Nay, Art thou decideth playeth ye simpleton games. *Some* of us know proper manners

    Using my technical prowess and computer abilities to answer questions beyond the realm of
    understandability

    Tony, Apr 2, 2009
  15. Evan Platt

    elaich Guest

    philo <> wrote in

    > Didn't need it because I ran the filament of my 01A tube off of a 6V car
    > battery <G>

    You should have used a matched pair of 12AX7s with gold plated pins.

    elaich, Apr 2, 2009
  16. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 14:09:29 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >Now, idiot, the question I asked you, which you've yet to provide an
    >answer to, is how 'hundreds of people' can share the same IP.
    >
    >As you said:
    >
    >>To make things a tad more difficult, there is something known as IP share. Oh look, we have 300 people usinng the
    >>same IP at the same time.

    >PEOPLE. Not webservers. PEOPLE. Where's your answer, dumbass?

    And this is where St00pid just stops responding. His MO - or rather MS
    (Modus stupiditus) is once he's proved wrong, he just disappears from
    a thread.

    Ok, maybe I am a idiot, and maybe there is something called IP share,
    but gee you'd think google would have something on it, or maybe even
    Wikipedia.

    Evan Platt, Apr 2, 2009
  17. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 15:37:02 -0700, §ñühw¤£f <>
    wrote:

    >Sooooo...anyone who ever changes their mind is a fuckhead?
    > From yer CITE, mate:
    >
    >backpedal - modify one's opinion, make it less strong
    >rethink - change one's mind; "He rethought his decision to take
    >a vacation"

    You need to re-read the thread that started it all - or at least
    started me to realize chucktard is a backpedalling idiot.

    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: Re: how to enable hibernation on vista
    <>
    <Xns9AB1A11B09B9Cchucknilcar@127.0.0.1>
    <>
    <Xns9AB4B1D1042B9chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>

    Start with those.

    Chucktard changed his answers ... oh about a dozen times.

    Evan Platt, Apr 2, 2009
  18. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 16:14:58 -0700, §ñühw¤£f <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Interesting stuff:
    >> http://www.birchmore.org/html/scapegoating.html

    > Indeed. For chucktard, we need:
    >
    > http://www.thefreedictionary.com/backpedalling

    Sooooo...anyone who ever changes their mind is a fuckhead?
    From yer CITE, mate:

    backpedal - modify one's opinion, make it less strong
    rethink - change one's mind; "He rethought his decision to take
    a vacation"

    > For RtS, we need
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobotomy

    Really? You actually think Richy is a victim of an outdated surgical
    practice?

    >> DEFINING SCAPEGOATING
    >> Scapegoating is a hostile social - psychological discrediting routine by
    >> which people move blame and responsibility away from
    >> themselves and towards a target person or group.

    > I don't put any blame or responsibility to the stupid.

    Now thats what *I* call backpeddaling :)
    "I dont blame". RIght...the stuff youve poasted is praise then?
    Interesting.

    > I see someone
    > posting incorrect or stupid information, I correct them.

    Uh huh. Dogpile on the two scapegoats this froup has chosen.
    I played along when I first delurked. Kinda fun to see what the
    sociological makeup of a group is.
    THe scapegoats are always easy to spot because the "regs" pounce on
    their every response like a dogpack.
    Sure its fun, but its a pussies game :)

    >> It is also a practice by which angry feelings and feelings of hostility may be
    >> projected, via inappropriate accusation, towards others.

    > Chucktard or RtS (or others) post incorrect information, I call them
    > on it. Nothing inappropriate there.

    Repeatedly...with vigor. Your schadenfrued is noted and laughed at Ebby :)

    >> The target feels wrongly persecuted and receives misplaced vilification,
    >> blame and criticism; he is likely to suffer rejection from those who the
    >> perpetrator seeks to influence.

    > Chucktard and RtS think everyone else but them is stupid.

    Gee...they're defensive because the "regs" kick them in the VR
    jimmy-junk at every chance.
    Go figure :)

    >> Scapegoating has a wide range of focus: from "approved" enemies of very large groups of people
    >> down to the scapegoating of individuals by other
    >> individuals. Distortion is always a feature.

    > No distortion here.

    Sure. Wallow in your perceived self-superiority whilst I laugh at your
    usenet personas compensation for RL epic fail.

    Now go stand in the fucking corner, mate :)

    --
    http://www.eyeonpalin.org
    ________ ______ _____________

    §ñühw¤£f, Apr 2, 2009
  19. Evan Platt

    dood

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2009
    Messages:
    7
    your still on the ip share thing ? Holy crap....

    Evan please look into NAT as you're making yourself out to be an idiot dood really....

    dood, Apr 3, 2009
  20. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 15:37:02 -0700, §ñühw¤£f <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Sooooo...anyone who ever changes their mind is a fuckhead?
    >> From yer CITE, mate:
    >>
    >> backpedal - modify one's opinion, make it less strong
    >> rethink - change one's mind; "He rethought his decision to take
    >> a vacation"

    > You need to re-read the thread

    No. You need to consider your need to demonise others, mate.

    that started it all - or at least
    > started me to realize chucktard is a backpedalling idiot.
    >
    > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > Subject: Re: how to enable hibernation on vista
    > <>
    > <Xns9AB1A11B09B9Cchucknilcar@127.0.0.1>
    > <>
    > <Xns9AB4B1D1042B9chucknilcar@127.0.0.1>
    >
    > Start with those.
    >
    > Chucktard changed his answers ... oh about a dozen times.

    Nicely obsessed.
    If you dont like Chucks poasts why not just KF his arse & be done with it?

    FYI
    HTH

    --
    http://www.eyeonpalin.org