    He's been doing cartoons for decades--the first geek humorist I thought was
    actually funny. He was the one who came up with "On the Internet, nobody
    knows you're a dog".

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 24, 2006

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > Tech support versus a vending machine:
    > <http://www.gocomics.com/thefifthwave/2006/09/24/>.
    >
    > He's been doing cartoons for decades--the first geek humorist I thought was
    > actually funny. He was the one who came up with "On the Internet, nobody
    > knows you're a dog".

    There are some great ones in there that I can really relate to as a IT person

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |

    Collector»NZ, Nov 24, 2006

  3. In message <45676eb2$>, Collector»NZ wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >> Tech support versus a vending machine:
    >> <http://www.gocomics.com/thefifthwave/2006/09/24/>.
    >>
    >> He's been doing cartoons for decades--the first geek humorist I thought
    >> was actually funny. He was the one who came up with "On the Internet,
    >> nobody knows you're a dog".

    > There are some great ones in there that I can really relate to as a IT
    > person

    He did a prescient one back in the days when the main x86 processor was the
    80386. It showed a lab of people testing prototype 586-based machines, each
    one of which had a giant set of fan cowlings on it. One of the testers is
    explaining to a visitor: "I SAID, 'SO FAR, HEAT HASN'T BEEN A PROBLEM'!"

    There were also three books released of compilations of his cartoons. I
    bought them from Amazon several years ago.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 24, 2006
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote:

    > Tech support versus a vending machine:
    > <http://www.gocomics.com/thefifthwave/2006/09/24/>.
    >
    > He's been doing cartoons for decades--the first geek humorist I thought was
    > actually funny. He was the one who came up with "On the Internet, nobody
    > knows you're a dog".

    Love his cartoons in certain 'for Dummies' books. I wish I could find an
    in-print collection of his cartoons to buy.

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Nov 25, 2006