    Do the newer 5GHz phones have the same effect or are they a good alternative
    to the 2.4GHz phones?

    Thanks in advance!

    JoeT, Mar 24, 2005

  2. JoeT

    WLW Guest

    The 5Ghz phones do not affect the 802.11b and 802.11g wireless networks
    which operate on 2.4Ghz.

    The MAY interfere with the 802.11a wireless networks which operate on 5Ghz.

    --
    William L. Whipple
    WWW.EZine.Com

    WLW, Mar 25, 2005

  3. JoeT

    JoeT Guest

    "WLW" <> wrote in message
    > The 5Ghz phones do not affect the 802.11b and 802.11g wireless networks
    > which operate on 2.4Ghz.
    >
    > The MAY interfere with the 802.11a wireless networks which operate on
    > 5Ghz.
    >
    > --
    > William L. Whipple
    > WWW.EZine.Com
    >

    > "JoeT" <noway@today> wrote in message
    >> OK anyone who has 2.4GHz phones knows they tend to knock the wireless
    >> cards offline right? My question to the masses is this:
    >>
    >> Do the newer 5GHz phones have the same effect or are they a good
    >> alternative to the 2.4GHz phones?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance!

    Thank you very much. I'd read some rather ambiguous information on the topic
    that naturally left me with the same questions afterwards so I figured it
    might help to ask here.

    JoeT, Mar 25, 2005
  4. I've found 900mhz cordless phones to coexist very well with a/b/g wireless
    networks.

    newsgroup purposes only.

    Jim Seifert [MSFT], Mar 25, 2005
  5. JoeT

    TW Guest

    I have a 2.4ghz Uniden phone and a D-Link DI624 router and D-Link cards for
    all computers on my network, and I have found that it's the PHONE that
    accepts the interference, but the phone doesn't seem to cause any problems
    with my network. In fact, my network causes problems with my phone instead
    of the phone causing network problems.
    The closer I get to the router the louder the static is on the phone.

    Am I the only one experiencing this?

    TW, Mar 28, 2005
  6. JoeT

    WLW Guest

    > Am I the only one experiencing this?

    No, it's a common problem.

    Tell the phone to switch channels. There should be a button on the phone to
    make it change channels.
    --
    William L. Whipple
    WWW.EZine.Com

    WLW, Mar 28, 2005
  7. JoeT

    TW Guest

    That wouldn't work for me due to the fact that I use D-Link "Super G" mode
    which uses as I understand it channel bonding using ALL available channels.
    Using super G mode my router is locked to channel 6, but in fact uses all
    channels. If I turn off the super G I can choose any channel but loose out
    on the performance side.
    This is something I have learned to live with, with the phone interference,
    by not getting to close to my wireless router.
    I just posted to let people know that sometimes the phone takes the
    interference and NOT the wireless network. My phone has NEVER interrupted my
    wireless network.
    Maybe this is because I use a pure D-Link wireless environment, but I don't
    know this for a fact.

    TW, Mar 30, 2005