    handful of movies that are rewatchable (Happy Gilmour, American President, A
    Few Good Men)

    Which genres or which DVDs seem to get a lot of replay from you?

    WJM, Mar 2, 2004

  2. WJM wrote:

    > Which genres or which DVDs seem to get a lot of replay from you?

    Things from Playboy. ;>

    Darrel :)

    Darrel Christenson, Mar 2, 2004

  3. WJM

    WJM Guest

    "Adrian S. Kuiper" <> wrote in message

    > "WJM" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Okay, so what are the DVDs you hav that you find to be rewatchable? For

    > me,
    > > I find that music DVDs (concerts) are the most rewatchable. After that

    are
    > > TV shows (West Wing, Sports Night, Frasier, Buffy). Finally, I have a
    > > handful of movies that are rewatchable (Happy Gilmour, American

    President,
    > > Few Good Men)
    > >
    > > Which genres or which DVDs seem to get a lot of replay from you?
    > >

    > Off the top of my head?
    >
    > Groundhog Day

    There's something weird about watching this one often ;-)

    WJM, Mar 2, 2004
  4. "WJM" <> wrote in message

    > Okay, so what are the DVDs you hav that you find to be rewatchable? For

    me,
    > I find that music DVDs (concerts) are the most rewatchable. After that are
    > TV shows (West Wing, Sports Night, Frasier, Buffy). Finally, I have a
    > handful of movies that are rewatchable (Happy Gilmour, American President,

    > Few Good Men)
    >
    > Which genres or which DVDs seem to get a lot of replay from you?

    Off the top of my head?

    The Great Escape
    The Music Man (Actually, ONLY the "Trouble" bit. I like the
    the movie, but LOVE "Trouble")
    Blazing Saddles
    Animal House
    Groundhog Day
    Independence Day
    Monty Python's Life of Brian
    " " Holy Grail

    Any John Wayne Western

    (Probably some more that I've forgotten....)

    Adrian S. Kuiper, Mar 2, 2004
  5. > Which genres or which DVDs seem to get a lot of replay from you?

    I really don't make a habit of buying DVDs that I won't watch over
    and over, but here are the ones I use more frequently:

    Blazing Saddles
    Dumb & Dumber
    Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
    Ghostbusters

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.Daily-Reviews.com

    Aaron J. Bossig, Mar 2, 2004
  6. Independence Day
    Face-Off
    The Firm
    Saving Private Ryan
    Buffy

    Thursdaynighters, Mar 2, 2004
  7. "WJM" <> wrote in message

    > "Adrian S. Kuiper" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "WJM" <> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > Okay, so what are the DVDs you hav that you find to be rewatchable?

    For
    > > me,
    > > > I find that music DVDs (concerts) are the most rewatchable. After that

    > are
    > > > TV shows (West Wing, Sports Night, Frasier, Buffy). Finally, I have a
    > > > handful of movies that are rewatchable (Happy Gilmour, American

    > President,
    > > > Few Good Men)
    > > >
    > > > Which genres or which DVDs seem to get a lot of replay from you?
    > > >

    > > Off the top of my head?
    > >
    > > Groundhog Day

    > There's something weird about watching this one often ;-)

    Yeah....I've thought of that before. It's like your own, personal
    Groundhog Day......except.....I don't play the piano any better.

    Adrian

    Adrian S. Kuiper, Mar 2, 2004
  8. WJM

    AceoHearts Guest

    The Usual Suspects
    A Few Good Men
    Princess Mononoke
    Three Musketeers
    South Park - Bigger, Louder, Uncut
    Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
    The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence
    Operation Live Crime
    American President
    Top Gun
    Breakfast at Tiffany's

    and the list goes on and on.

    AceoHearts

    AceoHearts, Mar 2, 2004
  9. I would claim that all of our IWeDs are pretty re-watchable - but that would
    really depend on how good the wedding was :)

    --
    Barry Rosenstock
    Anchor Digital Inc.

    Barry -- Anchor Digital, Mar 2, 2004
  10. Back to the Future Trilogy (esp. part II)

    I dunno. I think all the DVD's I own are rewatchable. hell, that's why I bought
    'em.

    Vlvetmorning98, Mar 2, 2004
  11. WJM

    Cernovog Guest

    On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 19:02:39 -0500, WJM wrote
    (in message <DkQ0c.277$>):

    > Okay, so what are the DVDs you hav that you find to be rewatchable?
    >
    > Which genres or which DVDs seem to get a lot of replay from you?

    A well made movie jam-packed with features, worthwhile commentary and
    different (but interesting ways) to enjoy the film are the most rewatchable
    in my book.

    The Lord of the Rings extended sets are just fantastic in this category.
    There are all kinds of ways to watch them. I rented them for a week and every
    day that week I watched the movie a different way. The commentaries were
    great and always interesting. I was very pleased. There was just so much
    material to absorb, it provided hours and hours of entertainment.

    The Simpsons DVDs are also pretty high on the rewatchable list. I absolutely
    love the Simpsons commentaries. I'll watch the episodes straight through,
    then I'll watch them a second time with commentary and just laugh and laugh
    with the creative team. I feel like I'm getting a completely new product when
    I watch those episodes with commentaries.

    My college room mate was a Simpsons freak. He used to watch the same episodes
    over and over again. We used to recite lines and sing songs from Simpsons
    while waiting in lines. These new commentaries are so enjoyable, they make
    episodes I've memorized seem fresh.

    That said, many DVDs with the same features rank low on the rewatch list.
    Some commentaries (*ahem* MATRIX) are just awful and they're a bear to get
    through. Many features are overly technical and just plain boring. Finally,
    some times the movie is so bad, i couldn't bear to watch it again, let alone
    listen to commentaries or watch features about it. Who wants to see how they
    filmed a terrible movie?

    As if movies like Giogli weren't terrible enough, who'd torture themselves
    with a Giogli Special Edition? Can you imagine a "Making of..."? Half an hour
    of a director NOT reminding Ben Affleck to start ACTING. No thank you!

    Cernovog, Mar 2, 2004
  12. WJM

    Mark Spatny Guest

    WJM, says...
    > Okay, so what are the DVDs you hav that you find to be rewatchable?

    Battle Royal
    Laputa: Castle in the Sky
    The Right Stuff
    The Crow
    The Fifth Element
    The attack in Pearl Harbor, but nothing else on that disk
    Tomorrow Never Dies
    Best In Show
    Fleetwood Mac: The Dance
    Anything with Audrey Hepburn

    Mark Spatny, Mar 2, 2004
  13. WJM

    G. M. Watson Guest

    ----------
    In article <DkQ0c.277$>, "WJM"
    <> wrote:

    > Okay, so what are the DVDs you hav that you find to be rewatchable?

    (snip)
    What the hell's the point of buying a DVD if it's not "rewatchable"?? I've
    coined an aphorism I like to cite at times: "Any book not worth reading at
    least twice isn't worth reading once". The same truism can be easily applied
    to DVDs, I think.

    G. M. Watson, Mar 2, 2004
  14. WJM

    melodium Guest

    > Okay, so what are the DVDs you hav that you find to be rewatchable? For

    me,
    > I find that music DVDs (concerts) are the most rewatchable. After that are
    > TV shows (West Wing, Sports Night, Frasier, Buffy). Finally, I have a
    > handful of movies that are rewatchable (Happy Gilmour, American President,

    > Few Good Men)
    >
    > Which genres or which DVDs seem to get a lot of replay from you?

    Independence Day (totally ridiculous and an awful movie,
    yet i like to watch it every year for some reason)

    Monsters Inc (didn't like it much the first time, but its been a
    real grower) i'll add all the Pixar films as well

    All the Coen movies that are on dvd so far
    Caught Intolerable Cruelty last night, just brilliant - those
    who don't laugh at this have no sense of humour..

    Christopher Guest's mockumentaries
    Waiting for Guffman
    Best in Show
    A Mighty Wind
    will be viewed by me regularly for as long as i live.

    I've gone through Buffy 1 to 6 once, i'll start again
    with them in year or two, just getting into Angel now

    The LOTR movies will be on my must watch yearly list too

    melodium, Mar 2, 2004
  15. WJM

    Goro Guest

    Darrel Christenson <> wrote in message news:<ZpQ0c.94376$Xp.421023@attbi_s54>...
    > WJM wrote:
    >

    > > Which genres or which DVDs seem to get a lot of replay from you?

    > Things from Playboy. ;>

    5 minutes at a time? :)

    Goro, Mar 2, 2004
  16. WJM

    Prot Guest

    >> > Off the top of my head?
    >> >
    >> > Groundhog Day

    >> There's something weird about watching this one often ;-)
    >> >

    > Yeah....I've thought of that before. It's like your own, personal
    > Groundhog Day......except.....I don't play the piano any better.
    >
    > Adrian

    I bought Groundhog Day but I had to return it. Chapter 5 kept
    repeating over and over again! <Grin>

    Prot, Mar 2, 2004
  17. WJM

    Goro Guest

    "WJM" <> wrote in message news:<DkQ0c.277$>...
    > Okay, so what are the DVDs you hav that you find to be rewatchable? For me,
    > I find that music DVDs (concerts) are the most rewatchable. After that are
    > TV shows (West Wing, Sports Night, Frasier, Buffy). Finally, I have a
    > handful of movies that are rewatchable (Happy Gilmour, American President, A
    > Few Good Men)
    >
    > Which genres or which DVDs seem to get a lot of replay from you?

    for me, the tv shows and the music/ballet vids get a ton of replay.
    in the morning, aS I'm getting breakfast ready and prepped for work, i
    like to have SWAN LAKE or tchaikovsky's THE SLEEPING BEAUTY ballet
    dvds on; in the afternoons or evenings when i'm home, i'll throw in a
    Simpson S3 or Fawlty Towers or something and hit PLAY ALL and half-veg
    and watch or wander and do stuff.

    -goro-

    Goro, Mar 2, 2004
  18. "G. M. Watson" <> wrote in message

    > ----------
    > In article <DkQ0c.277$>, "WJM"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > > Okay, so what are the DVDs you hav that you find to be rewatchable?

    > (snip)
    > What the hell's the point of buying a DVD if it's not "rewatchable"?? I've
    > coined an aphorism I like to cite at times: "Any book not worth reading at
    > least twice isn't worth reading once". The same truism can be easily

    applied
    > to DVDs, I think.

    While I agree with the aphorism in theory, I can't practice it. I've
    read well over a few thousand books in my life, but cannot re-read any
    of
    them. A book I read while in high school when it was first published,
    "Andersonville", I would love to read again. Just can't do it. Get
    through
    the first page and it's like I read it yesterday.

    The aphorism tho' IS quite true.....and, quite good.

    Adrian

    Adrian S. Kuiper, Mar 2, 2004
  19. WJM

    Bernie Guest