    many people do this. So, thanks again and good luck with x64.
    --
    Is It True?
    =?Utf-8?B?S3VidWxpX0xhZ2Vy?=, Jun 3, 2005

  2. Sorry to here about how the x64 platform has failed you, but you must
    realize Microsoft wasn't targetting consumers with it, which you seem to be.
    Its targetted towards persons in technical environments who demand the
    highest levels of performance and scalability for Digital Content Creation,
    Computer Mechanical Design & Analysis and for Financial & Data Analysis.

    Persons experiencing problems in terms of driver support for the platform
    will look past these issues because they know what they want it for and they
    know the limitations. Microsoft also understands this. So when an enthusiast
    talks about USB Driver not available for this particular piece of hardware
    they should have understood the sacrifices they will have to make to gain
    the level of performance and power that Windows x64 offers.

    Some persons who are having pain points simply maintain an existing Windows
    XP 32 bit environment while they gradually migrate to Windows x64 while they
    get everything right from hardware to software.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 3, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?S3VidWxpX0xhZ2Vy?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    > Just though I would drop by one last time and say thank you for the help
    > and
    > goodbye :) I am going back for two reasons. one, I don't think there will
    > be
    > 64bit drivers available for things like printers, scanners, webcams, ipods
    > for a good long time if ever, companys put there development money where
    > the
    > market is and x64 will be a hobby os for sometime to come and. I am not
    > going
    > to run a system that has problems installing games :) and I know there are
    > ways to trick the games into installing. Two, it appears that MS and
    > Intell
    > and the recording industry are going to force some fool copyright software
    > down our throats in the dual core pentiums and if thou I do not beleive it
    > is
    > right to steal software I do not think this is the way to go, besides I am
    > real tired of calling india everytime I want to reinstall windows xp
    > home.
    > MS has to understand that that people in poor countrys will continue to
    > steal
    > the os no matter what they do, I am amazed when I travel to the carribean
    > how
    > many people do this. So, thanks again and good luck with x64.
    > --
    > Is It True?

    Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is not a "hobby" OS.
    Manufacturers are working right now to produce drivers for their hardware
    (although not all hardware will have 64 bit drivers). If you are too
    impatient to wait, then you should move on.

    Intel is the only company looking at adding DRM to their dual core procs.
    If they do, they will lose another round to AMD (which is a good thing).

    Perhaps you have to reinstall so often because you don't know what you are
    doing. Your post makes it appear so.

    You cannot justify piracy or theft for any reason. You say "people in poor
    countries"; if they are so poor, how can they afford a computer and an
    internet connection?
    If you were producing a product or a service, how would you feel if tens of
    thousands acquired it illegally? Why should Microsoft be any different from
    anyone else? They can expect people to pay for their product just like any
    other company.

    I for one am glad to see you go. Your laziness, impatience and bad attitude
    are not appreciated by those who enjoy the challenge of working with XP x64.

    Bobby
    NoNoBadDog!, Jun 3, 2005
  4. A lot goes into developing drivers that will be used by a large user base
    (testing, reliability,stability performance) and all of that takes time.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 3, 2005
  5. lol bobby my first computer was a 7 channel analog and o'scope from heath
    kit, your smart mouth is gona get you in a lot of trouble one of these days :)
    --
    Is It True?

    =?Utf-8?B?S3VidWxpX0xhZ2Vy?=, Jun 4, 2005
  6. Ok, you are right about the Caribbean part, Piracy is not rampant as Kubuli
    make it out to be. I should know, I am from the Caribbean and its rear cases
    do you find pirated software or music, usually its music from the local
    artiste that are pirated and the Government is currently working on clamping
    down on that.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 4, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?S3VidWxpX0xhZ2Vy?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    I made no "smart" comments....just posted a response to your original. if
    you have been with computers as long as you say, then you of all people
    should understand the situation with drivers.
    In addition, you would know that when transitioning to a new paradigm, it
    takes time...just like when the home computing market went from 16 to 32
    bit. Your comment about WinXP x64 being a hobby OS is just ridiculous.
    There are computers on the retail shelves with x64 installed...can't say
    that is true for any of the true "hobby" OSes (Linux).

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Jun 4, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?S3VidWxpX0xhZ2Vy?=

    Red Guest

    Ever been to Cuba?

    Red, Jun 4, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?S3VidWxpX0xhZ2Vy?=

    Red Guest

    A direct quote from M$ website:

    "This new technology arms ...cutting-edge home PC enthusiasts with a secure
    platform that can run new 64-bit applications as well as most existing
    32-bit applications for maximum flexibility on a single PC. "

    How can you justify your statement: "Microsoft wasn't targetting consumers
    with it"?
    Enthusiasts are consumers, no?

    We know you're trying to help, but please quit looking for reasons to post
    just to see your name in the newsgroup.

    Red, Jun 4, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?S3VidWxpX0xhZ2Vy?=

    Red Guest

    Linux is a "hobby" OS?
    Have you been in a modern datacenter lately?

    Red, Jun 4, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?S3VidWxpX0xhZ2Vy?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Red;

    I meant for the home market...LOL.

    I use Unix, Solaris, and several flavors of Linux at work. My comment was
    meant to reflect that in the home market, Linux is more of a product for the
    ones willing to learn it...not really meant for the mainstream market,
    although there are some mature products on the shelf that can be regarded as
    mainstream ready.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Jun 4, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?S3VidWxpX0xhZ2Vy?=

    Red Guest

    OK, understood.

    Red, Jun 4, 2005
  13. Ever been to Dominica, I dought ther is much legal software there, even in
    the gov offices....I am out here have fun

    --
    Is It True?

    =?Utf-8?B?S3VidWxpX0xhZ2Vy?=, Jun 4, 2005
  14. No, they are set of consumers will to take risk and make sacrifices.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 4, 2005
  15. In a small percentage of datacenters you mean.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 4, 2005
  16. Big difference, there is an embargo on Cuba, ever thought of that?

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 4, 2005
  17. =?Utf-8?B?S3VidWxpX0xhZ2Vy?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 10:00:26 -0700, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]"
    <> wrote:

    >Big difference, there is an embargo on Cuba, ever thought of that?

    That depends on where you live of course!

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Jun 4, 2005
  18. =?Utf-8?B?S3VidWxpX0xhZ2Vy?=

    Red Guest

    Ever thought of what - the "embargo"?
    Now that's funny.

    Red, Jun 4, 2005
  19. =?Utf-8?B?S3VidWxpX0xhZ2Vy?=

    Red Guest

    You obviously haven't been in too many...Linux is the engine that drives the
    internet, and IBM has shipped more s390 mips than ever due to zVM and
    Linux/390. I know. I worked for them for 22 years.

    Red, Jun 4, 2005
  20. You are talking with IBM mentality, you are not going to get anywhere with
    that. My ISP uses Sun hardware only and the majority of ISP's I believe use
    Sun, no IBM.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 4, 2005