    Interested to hear...

    Many thanks

    Andrew

    Andrew, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Andrew

    Photon Guest

    It has just been discussed on the photo.net Nikon board:

    http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=005XDi

    The BR2A is an updated BR2. The BR2A is supposedly the only one which is
    safe to mount on AF cameras. If the prices are similar, I would select the
    latter.

    Still, I used to have a BR2 (non A) which mounted on my FM, F801s and F80
    without damaging them...

    "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    > Dealers have 2 in stock a BR-2 and BR-2A
    > Anyone any ideas on what the difference is, and what will work with the AF
    > mount.
    >
    > If anyone has used one of these successfully (or not!) on a D-100 that'd

    be

    Photon, Jul 22, 2003

  3. Andrew

    tim sewell Guest

    The D100 lists the BR2 ring as an "incompatible accessory" (page 176 of the
    User Guide). Supposedly the male bayonet fitting can damage the CPU
    contacts in the camera body.

    tim sewell, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Andrew

    T P Guest

    "Andrew" <> wrote:

    >Dealers have 2 in stock a BR-2 and BR-2A
    >Anyone any ideas on what the difference is, and what will work with the AF
    >mount.

    The BR-2 is suitable for manual focus Nikon bodies. The BR-2A has a
    slightly thinner locking flange which gives greater clearance to the
    electronic contacts in the Nikon AF mount.

    Some people use the BR-2 on their AF Nikon bodies without problems,
    however Nikon don't recommend this because you would risk damage to
    the contacts, which are expensive to repair.

    If you're buying a new reversing ring, just buy the BR-2A which will
    fit any Nikon camera body from 1959-2003 without problems.

    T P, Jul 23, 2003
  5. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    thanks everyone