Reverse telnet

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by dt1649651@yahoo.com, Jun 9, 2005.

  1. Guest

    I have a 2811 and a concentrator 3005. I connect the Cisco cable, the
    RJ-45 end to the aux port of the 2811, and the other end 9-pinF to the
    console port of the concentrator.

    On the 2811, I setup reverse telnet as follows :

    line aux 0
    exec-timeout 0 0
    modem InOut
    transport input all

    interface Loopback0
    ip address 10.0.0.10 255.0.0.0

    "sh line" on 2811 shows

    Tty Line Typ Tx/Rx A Modem Roty AccO AccI Uses Noise Overruns
    Int
    0 0 CTY - - - - - 0 5
    0/0 -
    1 1 AUX 9600/9600 - inout - - - 2 0
    0/0 -
    * 322 322 VTY - - - - - 11 0
    0/0 -
    [...]

    When I try "telnet 10.0.0.10 2001" on the 2911, I get the login prompt
    of the 2811. After typing valid username and password of the 2811, I
    see no output from the concentrator and Ctrl-Shft-6 X allows me to get
    back to the 2811.

    My questions are :
    - is is ok to use the Cisco cable as described above ?
    - is it correct that I have to get thru the login of the 2811 before I
    can get to the concentrator ?
    - why I can not talk with the concentrator ?

    Thanks for all of your advice,

    DT
    , Jun 9, 2005