reverse telnet problem

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by regis777, Feb 12, 2010.

  1. regis777

    regis777

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Hi,

    I have a cisco 837 router and i am trying use it to console onto my 3550 switch using it's console port.

    So i have connected a rollover cable between my router console and 3550 console and configured the aux port/ console port on the devices as follows:

    On the router the aux port configuration looks like this:

    line aux 0
    modem InOut
    no exec
    transport input all
    transport output all
    stopbits 1
    flowcontrol hardware

    On the 3550 switch the con 0 port looks like this:

    line con 0
    exec-timeout 5 0
    password 7 105E08090415170A1E5273
    logging synchronous
    login local
    transport preferred telnet
    flowcontrol hardware

    I have also setup a loopback address on the router to reverse telnet to the switch.

    interface Loopback0
    ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.255

    The problem i am getting is when i try to log into the switch from the router by issuing:

    telnet 1.1.1.1 2001

    I get a login prompt whereby i put in a username and password but then the screen is stuck and it doesn't do anything.
    Router#telnet 1.1.1.1 2001
    Trying 1.1.1.1, 2001 ... Open

    User Access Verification

    Username: admin
    Password:

    The password is definitely correct because when i try to enter a wrong password is says unauthorized.

    Can anyone help with this.

    thanks,

    Terry.

    regis777, Feb 12, 2010