    so I really notice this poor edit.

    Thanks,

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Nov 5, 2004

  2. The Other Guy

    Kent Smith Guest

    The Other Guy wrote:
    > Does anyone have the Region 4 version of "Revenge Of The Nerds" on
    > DVD?
    >
    > Could you confirm if the scenes that are missing from the Region 1
    > version are present in the Region 4 release?
    >
    > The scenes in question are those where the sign in shown outside the
    > old house the nerds restore, and when they are walking down the street
    > holding the sign.
    >
    > These scenes missing are sufficiantly disruptive to the flow of the
    > movie that I'm prepared to buy another copy of the movie just to get
    > them. I've seen this movie dozens of times on my old warn out VHS
    > copy, so I really notice this poor edit.

    No cuts according to DVD Compare:
    http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=3896

    Would that be the 'For Lease' sign? If so, I've never seen a version
    without it.

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Nov 6, 2004

  3. Kent Smith wrote:
    >>These scenes missing are sufficiantly disruptive to the flow of the
    >>movie that I'm prepared to buy another copy of the movie just to get
    >>them. I've seen this movie dozens of times on my old warn out VHS
    >>copy, so I really notice this poor edit.
    >>

    > No cuts according to DVD Compare:
    > http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=3896
    >
    > Would that be the 'For Lease' sign? If so, I've never seen a version
    > without it.

    The text on the 'For Lease' sign is missing from the Region 1 DVD, and
    on Laserdisk/VHS versions from 1993.

    My R1 copy definitely has a stereo track, but I don't think the movie
    originally was. The R1 transfer also isn't very good. Makes deciding
    which to watch more difficult.

    Thanks,

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Nov 6, 2004
  4. The Other Guy

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "The Other Guy" <> wrote in message
    > Kent Smith wrote:
    > >>These scenes missing are sufficiantly disruptive to the flow of the
    > >>movie that I'm prepared to buy another copy of the movie just to get
    > >>them. I've seen this movie dozens of times on my old warn out VHS
    > >>copy, so I really notice this poor edit.
    > >>

    > > No cuts according to DVD Compare:
    > > http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=3896
    > >
    > > Would that be the 'For Lease' sign? If so, I've never seen a version
    > > without it.

    > The text on the 'For Lease' sign is missing from the Region 1 DVD, and
    > on Laserdisk/VHS versions from 1993.

    What did the text say, that caused them to cut it?

    Craig Sutton, Nov 7, 2004
  5. Craig Sutton wrote:
    >>The text on the 'For Lease' sign is missing from the Region 1 DVD, and
    >>on Laserdisk/VHS versions from 1993.
    >>

    > What did the text say, that caused them to cut it?

    It has a phone number on it that doesn't begin with 555.

    TOG

    The Other Guy, Nov 7, 2004
  6. The Other Guy

    A Guest

    On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 12:43:29 +1300, The Other Guy <>
    wrote:

    >Does anyone have the Region 4 version of "Revenge Of The Nerds" on DVD?
    >
    >Could you confirm if the scenes that are missing from the Region 1
    >version are present in the Region 4 release?
    >
    >The scenes in question are those where the sign in shown outside the old
    >house the nerds restore, and when they are walking down the street
    >holding the sign.
    >
    >These scenes missing are sufficiantly disruptive to the flow of the
    >movie that I'm prepared to buy another copy of the movie just to get
    >them. I've seen this movie dozens of times on my old warn out VHS copy,
    >so I really notice this poor edit.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >The Other Guy

    I was just thinking about this movie during the US Presidential
    Elections.

    In particular the scene where Booger is watching the secret camera of
    the girls dorm rooms.

    Now that would have made an interest ad campaign!

    A, Nov 7, 2004
  7. The Other Guy

    Kent Smith Guest

    The Other Guy wrote:
    > Craig Sutton wrote:
    >>> The text on the 'For Lease' sign is missing from the Region 1 DVD,
    >>> and on Laserdisk/VHS versions from 1993.
    >>>

    >> What did the text say, that caused them to cut it?

    > It has a phone number on it that doesn't begin with 555.

    In Ghostbusters, you could actually ring their number and it would promote
    the movie. Similar thing?

    -KENT

    Kent Smith, Nov 7, 2004