Reveal my email passwords??

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Southern Kiwi, Oct 8, 2003.

  1. Southern Kiwi, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Southern Kiwi

    BTMO Guest

    "Southern Kiwi" <> wrote

    > How can I reveal one of my email passwords in OE 6 ?
    > TIA

    Investigating the missus, eh?

    ;-)
    BTMO, Oct 8, 2003

  3. LOL, no, I have 5 email accounts and have forgotten one of the passwords,
    but it is in OE, but shows as a series of **********

    --
    Cheers
    Southern Kiwi

    Southern Kiwi, Oct 8, 2003
  4. Southern Kiwi

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Southern Kiwi" wrote
    > How can I reveal one of my email passwords in OE 6 ?
    > TIA

    Search Google for "snadboys revelation" handy I must say :)
    T.N.O., Oct 8, 2003
  5. Southern Kiwi

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Southern Kiwi" wrote

    T.N.O., Oct 8, 2003
  6. "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > "Southern Kiwi" wrote
    > > How can I reveal one of my email passwords in OE 6 ?
    > > TIA

    > Search Google for "snadboys revelation" handy I must say :)

    Ta

    Southern Kiwi, Oct 8, 2003
  7. Southern Kiwi

    Worm Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > Search Google for "snadboys revelation" handy I must say :)

    I recall from a while back that it doesn't work in XP though...? Could be
    wrong, haven't used it since WIN98

    Worm
    Worm, Oct 8, 2003
  8. Southern Kiwi

    Wyn Guest

    "Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > > "Southern Kiwi" wrote
    > > > How can I reveal one of my email passwords in OE 6 ?
    > > > TIA

    > > Search Google for "snadboys revelation" handy I must say :)
    > >

    > Ta

    And after you've done that do a search for PassKeeper (freeware), 16 and
    32 bit versions. Keeps your passwords etc in encrypted form. So long as
    you don't forget your password for PassKeeper... :)
    Wyn, Oct 8, 2003
  9. Southern Kiwi

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Worm" wrote
    > > Search Google for "snadboys revelation" handy I must say :)

    > I recall from a while back that it doesn't work in XP though...? Could be
    > wrong, haven't used it since WIN98

    Dont know, might try later if I can be bothered :)
    T.N.O., Oct 8, 2003
  10. Southern Kiwi

    Matt B Guest

    In news:,
    Worm <> wrote:
    > "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    >> Search Google for "snadboys revelation" handy I must say :)
    >>

    > I recall from a while back that it doesn't work in XP though...?
    > Could be wrong, haven't used it since WIN98

    Haven't found one for either W2K or XP
    --
    Regards,

    Matt B
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people.
    Those who get binary...
    And those who don't.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Matt B, Oct 8, 2003
  11. Southern Kiwi

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Matt B" wrote
    > Haven't found one for either W2K or XP

    The latest Version of revelation works on 2k, I used it a week or so ago at
    work.
    T.N.O., Oct 8, 2003
  12. Southern Kiwi

    Matt B Guest

    In news:,
    T.N.O. <> wrote:
    > "Matt B" wrote
    >> Haven't found one for either W2K or XP

    > The latest Version of revelation works on 2k, I used it a week or so
    > ago at work.

    Kewl - ta for that, must give it a try...

    --
    Regards,

    Matt B
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people.
    Those who get binary...
    And those who don't.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Matt B, Oct 8, 2003
  13. Southern Kiwi

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 19:40:32 +1300, "Southern Kiwi"
    <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:

    >How can I reveal one of my email passwords in OE 6 ?
    >TIA

    I use 007 Password Recovery. Not sure whether it will work on XP.

    http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/taylorma/007.zip

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, Oct 8, 2003
  14. Southern Kiwi

    Steven H Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > "Matt B" wrote
    > > Haven't found one for either W2K or XP

    > The latest Version of revelation works on 2k, I used it a week or so ago at
    > work.

    fucking unbelievable isnt it - thankfuly ms finally got a clue and
    pluged the hole that allows that exploit

    Steven H
    Steven H, Oct 9, 2003
  15. Southern Kiwi

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Steven H" wrote
    > fucking unbelievable isnt it - thankfuly ms finally got a clue and
    > pluged the hole that allows that exploit

    no-one has said that it doesnt work in XP... yet.
    T.N.O., Oct 9, 2003
  16. "Steven H" <> wrote in message
    > > The latest Version of revelation works on 2k, I used it a week or so ago

    at
    > > work.

    > fucking unbelievable isnt it - thankfuly ms finally got a clue and
    > pluged the hole that allows that exploit

    It doesn't work on XP for me. Assuming the version you are referring to is
    off snadboy.com v2
    Nathan Mercer, Oct 10, 2003
  17. Steven H wrote:
    > In article <>, says...
    >> "Matt B" wrote
    >>> Haven't found one for either W2K or XP

    >> The latest Version of revelation works on 2k, I used it a week or so
    >> ago at work.

    > fucking unbelievable isnt it - thankfuly ms finally got a clue and
    > pluged the hole that allows that exploit

    "Exploit"? All you need to do is ask the edit box nicely for what text it
    has in it, and it tells you (Send a WM_Gettext message). Edit boxes do this
    by design - the fact that the programmers set a mask on them (With the *
    character) shouldn't change that design.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Oct 10, 2003
  18. Southern Kiwi

    Steven H Guest

    In article <3f84e9a2$>, says...
    > "Steven H" wrote
    > > fucking unbelievable isnt it - thankfuly ms finally got a clue and
    > > pluged the hole that allows that exploit

    > no-one has said that it doesnt work in XP... yet.

    it worked in pre 2000 because sending WM_GETTEXT would let you get the
    password text and not "***"

    however if you send a WM_GETTEXT message to a password control, it first
    checks the calling process to determine if it has access. If the calling
    process is the same process as the one that created the password
    control, the WM_GETTEXT message still returns the password. However, if
    the calling process is different, then the return is
    ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED.

    BUT... - drumroll

    you CAN get the text using WM_GETTEXT if you inject your code into the
    process you are trying to hack - the secret is to ensure that the
    exploit code is inside the process that owns the Password box.

    there are ways to circumvent souch hacks, one is to never store the
    password in the control, secondly is to eat WM_GETTEXT and prehaps
    return garbage.

    so i stand corrected

    Steven H
    Steven H, Oct 11, 2003
  19. Southern Kiwi

    Steven H Guest

    In article <bm58qs$ku0$>,
    says...
    > Steven H wrote:
    > > In article <>, says...
    > >> "Matt B" wrote
    > >>
    > >> The latest Version of revelation works on 2k, I used it a week or so
    > >> ago at work.

    > > fucking unbelievable isnt it - thankfuly ms finally got a clue and
    > > pluged the hole that allows that exploit

    > "Exploit"? All you need to do is ask the edit box nicely for what text it
    > has in it,

    read my other post and get a clue

    you can do it but requries hard work on 2k & XP

    Steven H
    Steven H, Oct 11, 2003