Returning to a lost site

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Mar 20, 2005.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hello.

    At lot of people in here probably already know this, but I have only
    just found out so I am posting for the benefit of anyone who doesn't
    know.

    When you visit a website and you don't bookmark it, and you forget the
    name of the website, and also it has been a few days since you went
    there, it may take quite a while to find it by looking through your
    history, especially if you visit a lot of sites everyday like me.

    When you click the "history" logo at the top in explorer, it brings up
    the list of sites you have visited on the left. If you want to find
    the site you went to you can just click on the search button within
    history and it will narrow down your history to sites containing a
    specific word.

    For example, I visited a website to buy some catnip spray for our pet
    cat the other day, and couldn't find the site I went to, so I just
    went to the search within history, and typed in catnip. It narrows it
    down to just a few sites that I have been to recently looking at
    catnip products.

    John

    John, Mar 20, 2005

  2. Im sure nobody else realized you could search just by clicking on
    "search" :)

    Will Dearborn, Mar 21, 2005