    I have never sent an email to @aol.com.
    Is there a logical explanation for this please?
    Peter.
    Peter Coddington, Feb 12, 2006

  2. Peter Coddington

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:dsluvb$2tc$,
    Peter Coddington spewed forth:
    > I keep getting an email about a returned mail. It is saying I sent an
    > email to an email address @aol.com. and cannot be delivered This
    > reminder has been sent to me each day for the last 4 days.
    > I have never sent an email to @aol.com.
    > Is there a logical explanation for this please?
    > Peter.

    Very logical. Someone's computer out there is generating spoofed emails
    using your name as sender. You're getting an auto-response from AOL that the
    junk email (which you didn't send, some other malware infected computer did)
    isn't deliverable. Just delete the messages, because it's highly unlikely
    that you'd be able to figure out where the actual problem is being generated
    from in the first place.

    Toolman Tim, Feb 12, 2006

  3. "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > In news:dsluvb$2tc$,
    > Peter Coddington spewed forth:
    >> I keep getting an email about a returned mail. It is saying I sent an
    >> email to an email address @aol.com. and cannot be delivered This
    >> reminder has been sent to me each day for the last 4 days.
    >> I have never sent an email to @aol.com.
    >> Is there a logical explanation for this please?
    >> Peter.

    > Very logical. Someone's computer out there is generating spoofed emails
    > using your name as sender. You're getting an auto-response from AOL that
    > the junk email (which you didn't send, some other malware infected
    > computer did) isn't deliverable. Just delete the messages, because it's
    > highly unlikely that you'd be able to figure out where the actual problem
    > is being generated from in the first place.
    >
    > --
    > If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
    >Many thanks. ( I have had two such messages this evening)

    Peter,
    Peter Coddington, Feb 12, 2006
  4. Peter Coddington

    Guest

    Run an anti-virus and anti-spyare on your computer. Although there is a
    chance that this may not be the cause, it still is worth a try.

    Avast AntiVirus- http://avast.com
    , Feb 12, 2006
  5. Peter Coddington

    Plato Guest

    Peter Coddington wrote:

    > I keep getting an email about a returned mail. It is saying I sent an email
    > to an email address @aol.com. and cannot be delivered This reminder has
    > been sent to me each day for the last 4 days.
    > I have never sent an email to @aol.com.
    > Is there a logical explanation for this please?

    Nothing to worry about. Just keep deleting the messages.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Feb 12, 2006