Return policy for DVD-R w/ errors

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by jberger, Dec 27, 2005.

  1. jberger

    jberger Guest

    What is the return policy for DVD-R manufacturers (and vendors) if a 25-pack
    of DVD-R's have "X" number of "bad" disks. That is, if 20% of disks burned
    contain errors making the DVD's unwatchable without glitches, will most
    manufacturers or vendors replace the disks? Specifically, we've been using a
    VCR/DVD recorder to preserve some of the videos we have which are quickly
    degrading... and we're also ripping DVD-video disks, to be burned onto
    DVD-R's for personal use.
    However, when we burn the DVD's on the computer, some of them don't pass
    muster in the data-check phase of the burning. We've also found that at
    least one DVD (thus far) used to "dub" from tape to DVD has a glitch and am
    concerned about our reliance on the recorder & disks we purchased.
    So, what IS the policy of manufacturers/vendors?
    Help much appreciated.

    "If Stupidity got us into this mess,
    then why can't it get us out?"
    - Will Rogers (1879-1935)