    Is anyone out there certified in both MCSD and MCDBA? Any
    suggestions on which one to do? Don't DBA's generally
    make more money?
    gilmore, Apr 15, 2004

  2. gilmore

    Me2 Guest

    Gilmore,

    This article is speaking in regards to Independent Software Vendor firms and
    other Vendors who employ individuals with these certifications.

    The ROI to individuals who collect these certs on their own is less obvious,
    and during the current job market (in the US at least) more non existent.

    --
    Ralph Page MBA, CMBA, MCDBA, MCSE, CCNA
    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the

    Me2, Apr 15, 2004

  3. gilmore

    gilmore Guest

    But are they still a good investment and have you found (I
    see you have quite a few and an MBA) that it helps to
    increase salary? I found a MCSE course for $1500 at a
    University.

    ---------------

    ---------------

    gilmore, Apr 15, 2004
  4. gilmore

    Me2 Guest

    You are asking for a short answer to a very long question. You need to
    analyze the experience you have, where you are located, and what your career
    plan/path is - among other things.

    Right now in the US, my gut is that certs do not carry a lot of weight
    (unless you are working for an ISV). There are too many IT people
    unemployed/under employed with great skills and experience (including
    myself). Who's to say what the future economic trends will be?

    Me2, Apr 16, 2004
  5. If you are concerned about cost, study the material independently instead.
    When you pay for a cert-prep course you are paying a hefty premium for how
    much less motivation and study-skill it takes to attend a class than to
    study a book.

    Brad Williams

    Brad Williams, Apr 16, 2004