    Query: How did Lucas/Marquand manage a continuity problem with a black
    mark..?

    Note: this appears in the SE DVD.
    mark rogers, Feb 19, 2005

  2. mark rogers

    Guest Guest

    It's called "hoping no one notices it!"

    --
    www.unclet.netfirms.com

    Guest, Feb 19, 2005

  3. mark rogers

    winnard Guest

    "mark rogers" <> wrote in message
    > As jabba the hut is flying the heroes out into the desert to get devoured
    > by that sand-pit monster, there's a scene where captive princess leia is
    > yanked by her chain back to jabba, and he says "soon you will learn to
    > appreciate me" or somesuch. When she's viewed from behind facing Jabba,
    > there is a big black mark on her backside, just above her left butt-cheek.
    >
    > But minutes later, just before she jumps into skywalker's arms and they
    > rope-swing across the pit to the getaway vehicle, the same big black mark

    is
    > now above her *right* butt-cheek.
    >
    > Query: How did Lucas/Marquand manage a continuity problem with a black
    > mark..?

    Because Lucas/Marquand would never notice a girls butt.

    winnard
    winnard, Feb 19, 2005
  4. mark rogers

    Anybody Guest

    In article <zDLRd.20161$Zr.6795@okepread03>, "winnard"
    <> wrote:

    > "mark rogers" <> wrote in message
    > > As jabba the hut is flying the heroes out into the desert to get devoured
    > > by that sand-pit monster, there's a scene where captive princess leia is
    > > yanked by her chain back to jabba, and he says "soon you will learn to
    > > appreciate me" or somesuch. When she's viewed from behind facing Jabba,
    > > there is a big black mark on her backside, just above her left butt-cheek.
    > >
    > > But minutes later, just before she jumps into skywalker's arms and they
    > > rope-swing across the pit to the getaway vehicle, the same big black mark

    > is
    > > now above her *right* butt-cheek.
    > >
    > > Query: How did Lucas/Marquand manage a continuity problem with a black
    > > mark..?
    > >

    > Because Lucas/Marquand would never notice a girls butt.

    Thanks goodness for that - the last thing we need is the Star Trek
    Beavis & Butthead approach to sci-fi in Star Wars. Leia's gold bikini
    and the Twilek dancers are more than enough of that kind of rubbish
    designed to simply draw in the male audience. Hopefully the Star Wars
    TV show won't be attempting the old 'bimbo in a catsuit' approach
    either.
    Anybody, Feb 19, 2005
  5. mark rogers

    TB Guest

    "Anybody" wrote:

    (snip)

    > Thanks goodness for that - the last thing we need is the Star Trek
    > Beavis & Butthead approach to sci-fi in Star Wars. Leia's gold bikini
    > and the Twilek dancers are more than enough of that kind of rubbish
    > designed to simply draw in the male audience. Hopefully the Star Wars
    > TV show won't be attempting the old 'bimbo in a catsuit' approach
    > either.

    Yeah, they should just stick to fart jokes to keep the adolescent fanboys
    happy. God help Lucus if he had to solely rely on solid story telling and
    direction.

    T.B.
    TB, Feb 19, 2005
  6. "mark rogers" <> wrote in news:rNKRd.75845$Yu.57795@fed1read01:

    > As jabba the hut is flying the heroes out into the desert to get
    > devoured
    > by that sand-pit monster, there's a scene where captive princess leia
    > is yanked by her chain back to jabba, and he says "soon you will learn
    > to appreciate me" or somesuch. When she's viewed from behind facing
    > Jabba, there is a big black mark on her backside, just above her left
    > butt-cheek.
    >
    > But minutes later, just before she jumps into skywalker's arms and
    > they rope-swing across the pit to the getaway vehicle, the same big
    > black mark is now above her *right* butt-cheek.
    >
    > Query: How did Lucas/Marquand manage a continuity problem with a black
    > mark..?
    >
    > Note: this appears in the SE DVD.

    Orignally, the black mark was supposed to be on the right cheek, however
    he wasn't able to put it there due to the technology limits of the time.
    In about ten years, we'll have enough computing power to replace the
    earlier scene as well.

    C'mon... someone had to say it.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com
    Aaron J. Bossig, Feb 20, 2005
  7. mark rogers

    Ray Guest

    > Orignally, the black mark was supposed to be on the right cheek, however
    > he wasn't able to put it there due to the technology limits of the time.
    > In about ten years, we'll have enough computing power to replace the
    > earlier scene as well.

    No, by then the original negatives will have deteriorated beyond repair,
    just like Carrie Fisher's ass has.

    Ray, Feb 20, 2005
  8. mark rogers

    Anybody Guest

    In article <L5SRd.6215$>,
    "Ray" <> wrote:

    > > Orignally, the black mark was supposed to be on the right cheek, however
    > > he wasn't able to put it there due to the technology limits of the time.
    > > In about ten years, we'll have enough computing power to replace the
    > > earlier scene as well.

    > No, by then the original negatives will have deteriorated beyond repair,
    > just like Carrie Fisher's ass has.

    And like your brain apparently has. :-\
    Anybody, Feb 20, 2005
  9. mark rogers

    Anybody Guest

    In article <KfPRd.17200$>, "TB"
    <> wrote:

    > "Anybody" wrote:
    >
    > (snip)
    > >
    > > Thanks goodness for that - the last thing we need is the Star Trek
    > > Beavis & Butthead approach to sci-fi in Star Wars. Leia's gold bikini
    > > and the Twilek dancers are more than enough of that kind of rubbish
    > > designed to simply draw in the male audience. Hopefully the Star Wars
    > > TV show won't be attempting the old 'bimbo in a catsuit' approach
    > > either.

    > Yeah, they should just stick to fart jokes to keep the adolescent fanboys
    > happy. God help Lucus if he had to solely rely on solid story telling and
    > direction.

    "solid storytelling and direction" - two more things that Beavis &
    Butthead can't do. In fact there's only one thing Star Trek's B&B twins
    can do, and that's flush a successful franchise down the toilet.
    Anybody, Feb 20, 2005
  10. mark rogers

    winnard Guest

    "Anybody" <> wrote in message
    > In article <L5SRd.6215$>,
    > "Ray" <> wrote:
    >
    > > > Orignally, the black mark was supposed to be on the right cheek,

    however
    > > > he wasn't able to put it there due to the technology limits of the

    time.
    > > > In about ten years, we'll have enough computing power to replace the
    > > > earlier scene as well.

    > > No, by then the original negatives will have deteriorated beyond repair,
    > > just like Carrie Fisher's ass has.

    > And like your brain apparently has. :-\

    Geek.

    winnard
    winnard, Feb 20, 2005
  11. mark rogers

    Anybody Guest

    In article <CyTRd.20434$Zr.4270@okepread03>, "winnard"
    <> wrote:

    > "Anybody" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <L5SRd.6215$>,
    > > "Ray" <> wrote:
    > > >
    > > > No, by then the original negatives will have deteriorated beyond repair,
    > > > just like Carrie Fisher's ass has.

    > > And like your brain apparently has. :-\

    > Geek.
    >
    > winnard

    Oooohhhh!! That really hurts. :-\
    Anybody, Feb 20, 2005
  12. mark rogers

    Bill Lang Guest

    Nevermind the facts, Anybody, just give me the details!

    > In article <zDLRd.20161$Zr.6795@okepread03>, "winnard"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> "mark rogers" <> wrote in message
    >> > As jabba the hut is flying the heroes out into the desert to
    >> > get devoured by that sand-pit monster, there's a scene where
    >> > captive princess leia is yanked by her chain back to jabba,
    >> > and he says "soon you will learn to appreciate me" or
    >> > somesuch. When she's viewed from behind facing Jabba, there
    >> > is a big black mark on her backside, just above her left
    >> > butt-cheek.
    >> >
    >> > But minutes later, just before she jumps into skywalker's
    >> > arms and they rope-swing across the pit to the getaway
    >> > vehicle, the same big black mark

    >> is
    >> > now above her *right* butt-cheek.
    >> >
    >> > Query: How did Lucas/Marquand manage a continuity problem
    >> > with a black mark..?
    >> >

    >> Because Lucas/Marquand would never notice a girls butt.

    > Thanks goodness for that - the last thing we need is the Star
    > Trek Beavis & Butthead approach to sci-fi in Star Wars. Leia's
    > gold bikini and the Twilek dancers are more than enough of that
    > kind of rubbish designed to simply draw in the male audience.

    I'd rather see him give the geeks material for spanking the ewok than
    continue his trend of creating fantastic creatures with overt racist
    stereotypes.

    --
    mutt

    "By the unwinking red eye of Ra."
    Bill Lang, Feb 20, 2005
  13. mark rogers

    Anybody Guest

    In article <Xns960323C398E8bungalobill@199.45.49.11>, Bill Lang
    <> wrote:

    > Nevermind the facts, Anybody, just give me the details!
    > >
    > > Thanks goodness for that - the last thing we need is the Star
    > > Trek Beavis & Butthead approach to sci-fi in Star Wars. Leia's
    > > gold bikini and the Twilek dancers are more than enough of that
    > > kind of rubbish designed to simply draw in the male audience.

    > I'd rather see him give the geeks material for spanking the ewok than
    > continue his trend of creating fantastic creatures with overt racist
    > stereotypes.

    Any characters in Star Wars are only "racist" to you because that
    "stereotype" is in your own mind.
    Anybody, Feb 20, 2005
  14. mark rogers

    Guest

    >I'd rather see him give the geeks material for spanking the ewok than
    >continue his trend of creating fantastic creatures with overt racist
    >stereotypes.

    Thanks for undermining the very real problem of racial stereotyping by
    mislabeling anything in the Star Wars movie with it.
    , Feb 20, 2005
  15. mark rogers

    Sparky Guest

    TB wrote:

    > "Anybody" wrote:
    >
    > (snip)
    >
    >>Thanks goodness for that - the last thing we need is the Star Trek
    >>Beavis & Butthead approach to sci-fi in Star Wars. Leia's gold bikini
    >>and the Twilek dancers are more than enough of that kind of rubbish
    >>designed to simply draw in the male audience. Hopefully the Star Wars
    >>TV show won't be attempting the old 'bimbo in a catsuit' approach
    >>either.

    > Yeah, they should just stick to fart jokes to keep the adolescent fanboys
    > happy. God help Lucus if he had to solely rely on solid story telling and
    > direction.

    Worked in '77.
    Sparky, Feb 20, 2005
  16. mark rogers

    TB Guest

    "Anybody" whined:

    >> Yeah, they should just stick to fart jokes to keep the adolescent fanboys
    >> happy. God help Lucus if he had to solely rely on solid story telling and
    >> direction.

    > "solid storytelling and direction" - two more things that Beavis &
    > Butthead can't do. In fact there's only one thing Star Trek's B&B twins
    > can do, and that's flush a successful franchise down the toilet.

    Have you ever kissed a woman?

    T.B.
    TB, Feb 20, 2005
  17. "mark rogers" <> wrote in message
    > As jabba the hut is flying the heroes out into the desert to get devoured
    > by that sand-pit monster, there's a scene where captive princess leia is
    > yanked by her chain back to jabba, and he says "soon you will learn to
    > appreciate me" or somesuch. When she's viewed from behind facing Jabba,
    > there is a big black mark on her backside, just above her left butt-cheek.
    >
    > But minutes later, just before she jumps into skywalker's arms and they
    > rope-swing across the pit to the getaway vehicle, the same big black mark

    is
    > now above her *right* butt-cheek.
    >
    > Query: How did Lucas/Marquand manage a continuity problem with a black
    > mark..?
    >
    > Note: this appears in the SE DVD.

    You must first understand the origin and purpose of the butt mark before
    your question can be answered.

    W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)
    "Don't eat soup! Soup makes you poop!"
    --Baron von Stinkipantz
    Christopher M., Feb 21, 2005
  18. mark rogers

    Doonie Guest

    On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 03:32:11 -0500, Sparky wrote:

    >TB wrote:
    >
    >> "Anybody" wrote:
    >>
    >> (snip)
    >>
    >>>Thanks goodness for that - the last thing we need is the Star Trek
    >>>Beavis & Butthead approach to sci-fi in Star Wars. Leia's gold bikini
    >>>and the Twilek dancers are more than enough of that kind of rubbish
    >>>designed to simply draw in the male audience. Hopefully the Star Wars
    >>>TV show won't be attempting the old 'bimbo in a catsuit' approach
    >>>either.

    >> Yeah, they should just stick to fart jokes to keep the adolescent fanboys
    >> happy. God help Lucus if he had to solely rely on solid story telling and
    >> direction.

    >Worked in '77.

    Whooosh!
    Doonie, Feb 21, 2005
  19. mark rogers

    Anybody Guest

    In article <Kb6Sd.20906$>, "TB"
    <> wrote:

    > "Anybody" whined:
    > >>
    > >> Yeah, they should just stick to fart jokes to keep the adolescent fanboys
    > >> happy. God help Lucus if he had to solely rely on solid story telling and
    > >> direction.

    > > "solid storytelling and direction" - two more things that Beavis &
    > > Butthead can't do. In fact there's only one thing Star Trek's B&B twins
    > > can do, and that's flush a successful franchise down the toilet.

    > Have you ever kissed a woman?

    Like that has anything to do with the topic or the fact that Berman and
    Braga are the two of the most hopeless morons on the planet. :-\
    Anybody, Feb 21, 2005
  20. mark rogers

    Nick Guest

    ummmm uhhh will you like um shut up or something?

    Nick, Feb 21, 2005