    digital?
    Thanks
    EJ in NJ
    Ernie Willson, May 5, 2006

  2. On Fri, 05 May 2006 07:03:17 -0400, Ernie Willson
    <> wrote:

    >Is there a retrofit digital back/kit to convert an older 35mm SLR to

    No.

    JPB
    Just Plain Bill, May 5, 2006

  3. "Just Plain Bill" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 05 May 2006 07:03:17 -0400, Ernie Willson
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Is there a retrofit digital back/kit to convert an older 35mm SLR to

    > No.

    Unless you have a (certain) Leica SLR and deep pockets...

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan
    David J. Littleboy, May 5, 2006
  4. On Fri, 05 May 2006 07:03:17 -0400, Ernie Willson
    <> wrote:

    >Is there a retrofit digital back/kit to convert an older 35mm SLR to
    >digital?
    >Thanks
    >EJ in NJ

    Leica has it for the R8 and R9's. But somehow I don't think you are a
    Leica sort of person...
    John A. Stovall, May 5, 2006
  5. John A. Stovall wrote:
    > On Fri, 05 May 2006 07:03:17 -0400, Ernie Willson
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Is there a retrofit digital back/kit to convert an older 35mm SLR to
    >>digital?
    >>Thanks
    >>EJ in NJ

    > Leica has it for the R8 and R9's. But somehow I don't think you are a
    > Leica sort of person...

    You are correct. As much as I respect the Leica name, I cannot afford one.

    Thanks
    EJ in NJ
    Ernie Willson, May 6, 2006
  6. Ernie Willson

    Guest

    Ernie Willson wrote:

    > John A. Stovall wrote:
    > > On Fri, 05 May 2006 07:03:17 -0400, Ernie Willson
    > > <> wrote:
    > >

    > >>Is there a retrofit digital back/kit to convert an older 35mm SLR to
    > >>digital?
    > >>Thanks
    > >>EJ in NJ

    > > Leica has it for the R8 and R9's. But somehow I don't think you are a
    > > Leica sort of person...

    > You are correct. As much as I respect the Leica name, I cannot afford one.

    Kodak, in the 1990's started making a series of digital backs for Nikon
    SLR cameras.
    The first on was for the Nikon F3 and was a 1.5mp replacement for the
    film back that added a "speedgrip" style lump at the front of the
    camera with a shutter button on it and a large battery compartment (to
    power the electronics) to the base of the camera.
    If you google "nikon f3" and "digital back" and "dcs" you will find
    some more details on it.
    There were also digital backs made for the Nikon F4 and F5, the last
    one (that I've heard of) was the DCS 720 that has a 6mp sensor.
    It would be a far cheaper alternative to purchase either a Nikon D50, a
    Pentax *ist-ds or a Canon rebel xt to get a digital SLR.
    The Nikon and the Pentax DSLR cameras are compatible with all of their
    older lenses, the Canon only with the EOS lenses.
    , May 6, 2006
  7. Ernie Willson <> writes:

    > Is there a retrofit digital back/kit to convert an older 35mm SLR to
    > digital?

    Kodak used to make'em, back in the good ole 1990ies.

    Here is a page on of my Nikon N90s with Kodak 6 Mpx digtal back:
    http://hannemyr.com/photo/dcs460.html
    Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z
    Gisle Hannemyr, May 18, 2006