    I'd like to take a look at a line in an old WinXP registry file which is
    stored on a backup ghost file..... is it possible to do this? Where would I
    find it?
    don, Jul 8, 2007

  2. don

    Bert Guest

    On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 17:29:33 -0400, "don" <> wrote:

    >I'd like to take a look at a line in an old WinXP registry file which is
    >stored on a backup ghost file..... is it possible to do this? Where would I
    >find it?

    First download 'Ghost Explorer' to be able to extract single files from
    a Ghost image. It's free.
    Then read this article:
    http://www.easydesksoftware.com/regfiles.htm

    Bert
    Bert, Jul 8, 2007

  3. don

    Guest

    "don" <> wrote:

    >I'd like to take a look at a line in an old WinXP registry file which is
    >stored on a backup ghost file..... is it possible to do this? Where would I
    >find it?

    It's located: WINDOWS\system32\config
    import with regedit under File/import to view the entry you want.
    --

    1K Project
    http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321
  4. don

    Guest

    , Jul 9, 2007
  5. don

    don Guest

    I do not want to override my existing registry - so I don't think import is
    the right way - I just want to be able to view a registry setting that I
    think has to do with a license file for a program that is not working on my
    computer

    don, Jul 9, 2007
  6. don

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "don" <> wrote in message
    > <> wrote in message

    >>>It's located: WINDOWS\system32\config
    >>>import with regedit under File/import to view the entry you want.

    >> Ment to add: run ERUNT first on your OS, just in case anything happens
    >> to your working registry.
    >> http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
    >>

    >I do not want to override my existing registry - so I don't think import is
    >the right way - I just want to be able to view a registry setting that I
    >think has to do with a license file for a program that is not working on
    >my computer

    Believe it or not, that was UNDERSTOOD. So follow the directions that have
    been provided. You'll have to use regedit to read the registry files. Here's
    the STEP BY STEP, since you appear to need someone to hold your hand:

    1) backup your existing registry - as Pennywise suggested, ERUNT does that
    very nicely.

    2) use your Ghost program to restore the registry files
    (WINDOWS\system32\config) to a different location than the original (IIRC,
    that option is available, but it's been awhile since I used Ghost)

    3) load regedit, and import restored registry files (File, Import)

    WhzzKdd, Jul 9, 2007
  7. don

    Guest

    , Jul 9, 2007
  8. don

    WhzzKdd Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "WhzzKdd" <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >>Believe it or not, that was UNDERSTOOD.

    > Thank you. :]

    Yup! I was actually surprised that Don even showed up to read the replies
    <g>

    WhzzKdd, Jul 9, 2007