    Please please help if u can. Good and relevant replies only, I aint in the
    mood for piss taking.

    Thanx

    BC, Nov 10, 2003

  2. BC

    Brian H¹© Guest

    BC said:

    > Is it possible. I formatted my drive today, and somehow, a folder containing
    > lots of music samples wasn't on the SATA drive, where I thought I backed it
    > up. It was originally on the IDE drive, which is where the OS is installed?
    >
    > Is there any way I could retrive the folder containing all those files?
    >
    > I hope there is, i tripplie checked that I backed up everything important,
    > now I have shot myself in the foot.
    >
    > Please please help if u can. Good and relevant replies only, I aint in the
    > mood for piss taking.
    >
    > Thanx

    If you are aware that you are prone to some piss taking in 24hs.hd, I imaging
    that you "frequent" the ng and you will be aware that this question has been
    asked many times in 24hs.hd.
    That said, you will also be aware that the question has been answered many
    times.
    Therefore, a search will reveal the answers you are looking for.

    Brian H¹©, Nov 10, 2003

  3. lol!
    it would've been far quicker to just type a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer to
    the guy's question, rather than go into a cynical spiel!!!
    I'm no expert but I would've thought that any kind of file retrieval would
    be completely impossible if you've formatted your drive.

    Chris Jardine, Nov 10, 2003
  4. BC

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Chris Jardine said:

    > lol!
    > it would've been far quicker to just type a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer to
    > the guy's question, rather than go into a cynical spiel!!!
    > I'm no expert but I would've thought that any kind of file retrieval would
    > be completely impossible if you've formatted your drive.

    He could always say that he has "national secrets" that were stored on the
    drive, I'm sure that the CIA or FBI or someone similar would be happy to recover
    the drive.

    Brian H¹©, Nov 10, 2003
  5. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In news:mMBrb.35$,
    BC <> typed
    || Is it possible. I formatted my drive today, and somehow, a folder
    || containing lots of music samples wasn't on the SATA drive, where I
    || thought I backed it up. It was originally on the IDE drive, which is
    || where the OS is installed?
    || Is there any way I could retrive the folder containing all those
    || files?
    || I hope there is, i tripplie checked that I backed up everything
    || important, now I have shot myself in the foot.
    || Please please help if u can. Good and relevant replies only, I aint
    || in the mood for piss taking.
    || Thanx

    Do a search for 'Easy Recovery Professional'

    Robert de Brus, Nov 10, 2003
  6. BC

    nemo Guest

    Try this (free):

    http://www.pcinspector.de/download.htm#file_recovery

    Regards

    nemo

    nemo, Nov 10, 2003
  7. BC

    Kráftéé Guest

    Chris Jardine wrote:
    > lol!
    > it would've been far quicker to just type a simple 'yes' or 'no'
    > answer to the guy's question, rather than go into a cynical spiel!!!
    > I'm no expert but I would've thought that any kind of file
    > retrieval would be completely impossible if you've formatted your
    > drive.

    You may be unpleasantly suprised. There are software packages out
    there on the open market which can reclaim files, even from a
    formatted disk. My favourite, at the moment anyway, is Lost & Found
    from Power Quest, it's old & only works on FAT not NTFS but it does
    work...
    --
    B-)
    Don't practice safe hex,

    Kráftéé, Nov 10, 2003
  8. BC

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Chris Jardine said:

    > lol!
    > it would've been far quicker to just type a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer to
    > the guy's question, rather than go into a cynical spiel!!!
    > I'm no expert but I would've thought that any kind of file retrieval would
    > be completely impossible if you've formatted your drive.

    When someone says something that could imply that they are familiar with a
    group, and goes on to ask a question that has been asked many times, it says to
    me "I can't be bothered to look for myself, I want someone else to look for me,
    and give me a link that I can just click on and get what I want".

    Brian H¹©, Nov 10, 2003
  9. BC

    BC Guest

    thanx for the nice replies...