    retrieve deleted files?

    Any pointers would be much appreciated.
    Bill

    Bill Johnson, Mar 7, 2004

  2. Bill Johnson

    Marius Guest

    When you want to recover deleted files or pictures, try this approach:

    1. Download PC Inspector File Recovery or Smart Recovery from www.convar.de
    or http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

    2. Install this program (it's freeware and it doesn't change anything on the
    drive with the deleted files)

    3. Start PC Inspector Smart Recovery (first select drive, filetype and
    destination) This program even recovers RAW-files!

    4. When you're not succesfull try again with PC Inspector File Recovery or
    the last freeware 1.47-version of Digital Image Recovery, made by Thomas
    Grau:
    http://www.foto-erhardt.de/modules.php?name=Downloads

    Cheers,

    Marius

    Marius, Mar 7, 2004

  3. "Marius" <mhille1*takeaway*@prettel.nl> wrote in

    > When you want to recover deleted files or pictures, try this approach:
    >
    > 1. Download PC Inspector File Recovery or Smart Recovery from
    > www.convar.de or
    > http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/welcome.htm
    >
    > 2. Install this program (it's freeware and it doesn't change anything
    > on the drive with the deleted files)

    Well, downloading and installing will change the drive :)
    Hopefully it won't overwrite the files he want to rescue.

    --
    Peter Strömberg
    C2K2 C2K3 ISCCIV02 ISCCIV03

    Peter Strömberg, Mar 7, 2004
  4. Bill Johnson

    Don Guest

    You didn't say where the files are located. If they're on the hard drive in
    the computer, DON'T download and install anything on that computer as you
    may overwrite the remains of the files that you are trying to restore. In
    fact, you should not use that computer at all until after you've restored
    everything, as Windoze writes stuff all over the disk as you use it.

    Get a copy of a file restore program. I use R-studio. You can download a
    copy (but use another computer to do it) at
    http://www.r-studio.com/?RTTSL001
    and read the instructions before doing anything to the computer with the
    deleted files.

    If the files are on a flash memory card, I don't think the normal file
    recovery programs will work. I have seen references here to programs
    designed to do that, but I don't remember the names. Maybe Google will.

    Don

    Don, Mar 7, 2004