    Is there anyway to delete or retract a sent email message - I accidently
    sent all my passwords to someone else - now I have of coursed changed them
    but I still would like to delete this sent message somehow thanks
    don, Jun 20, 2005

  2. don

    Ron Guest

    "don" <> wrote in message
    news:d961af$2rl$...
    > Is there anyway to delete or retract a sent email message - I accidently
    > sent all my passwords to someone else - now I have of coursed changed them
    > but I still would like to delete this sent message somehow thanks

    If you sent someone a letter and they read it and you then broke into their
    house and destroyed the letter would they still know what was in the letter?
    Ron, Jun 20, 2005

  3. don

    don Guest

    DUHHHHHHHHHH - I'm asking if there is a way to delete the message assuming
    the email hasn't reached his mailbox yet and is unopened

    don, Jun 20, 2005
  4. don gurgled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Is there anyway to delete or retract a sent email message - I
    > accidently sent all my passwords to someone else - now I have of
    > coursed changed them but I still would like to delete this sent
    > message somehow thanks

    Take a moment and think about what you're asking, and then you
    should be able to answer your own question. It's good that you changed
    your passwords, just hope it's not too late. In the future, be careful
    what you send, and where you send it.

    --

    The Old Sourdough
    In the future, everyone will speak one language,
    The Old Sourdough, Jun 20, 2005
  5. don wrote:

    > DUHHHHHHHHHH - I'm asking if there is a way to delete the message assuming
    > the email hasn't reached his mailbox yet and is unopened

    Duhhhhhh yourself, Sparky. You didn't specify those conditions.

    --
    Blinky
    International Thank Your Developers Week - June 20-27, 2005
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 20, 2005
  6. don

    don Guest

    What happened was this guys email name was very similer to mine so outlook
    Express completed the email name with his address instead of mine.......
    And I heard somewhere that you could stop an email message while it is
    traveling through the net pipe lines..........

    don, Jun 20, 2005
  7. don

    don Guest

    don, <>, the ransacked, habitual omelette, and claimer of
    charity intended for the indigent, jawed:

    --
    Thou rotten medlar. Thou very scurvy fellow.
    don, Jun 20, 2005
  8. don gurgled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > What happened was this guys email name was very similer to mine so
    > outlook Express completed the email name with his address instead
    > of mine....... And I heard somewhere that you could stop an email
    > message while it is traveling through the net pipe lines..........

    snip

    There may be a way, but if it's been more than about 30 seconds since
    it was sent, it's probably too late. This is one reason I don't like
    auto-complete for most things.

    The Old Sourdough, Jun 20, 2005
  9. The Old Sourdough wrote:
    > don gurgled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> What happened was this guys email name was very similer to mine so
    >> outlook Express completed the email name with his address instead
    >> of mine....... And I heard somewhere that you could stop an email
    >> message while it is traveling through the net pipe lines..........
    >>

    > snip
    >
    > There may be a way,

    Like what, apart from hacking the account the mail was sent to, you freaking
    24hourfuckup.idiotdesk technotard?
    The Nice Man in the White Coat, Jun 20, 2005
  10. don

    John Doe Guest

    Cross posting troll

    John Doe, Jun 20, 2005
  11. don

    John Doe Guest

    Re: Am I really a bad person???

    John Doe, <>, the furtive, faery travel agent, and
    attendant to the daily needs of cattle, exhausted:

    --
    Thou pedascule. Thou fatal screech-owl.
    John Doe, Jun 20, 2005
  12. don

    John Doe Guest

    Re: Am I really a bad person???

    Cross posted troll/impersonation/forgery

    John Doe, Jun 20, 2005
  13. don

    John Doe Guest

    Re: tell me how paxil will help me ?

    John Doe, <>, the syrupy, gorbellied frog, and
    midwife, howled:

    --
    Thou hag of all despite. Thou fiend.
    John Doe, Jun 20, 2005
  14. don

    Brian Guest

    Only if you sent it from AOL to AOL, and it is still un-read, only then can
    you 'un-send' it.

    Sorry!

    Brian, Jun 20, 2005
  15. don

    unwashed Guest

    Re: Am I really a bad person???

    Who is Bob L****?
    unwashed, Jun 20, 2005
  16. don

    Sly Guest

    once sent, its sent, ya cant stop it from going through

    Sly, Jun 20, 2005
  17. don

    Mike Easter Guest

    don wrote:
    > What happened was this guys email name was very similer to mine so
    > outlook Express completed the email name with his address instead of
    > mine.......

    For a lot of very good reasons, typing in an address on a To line is a
    bad idea.

    Typing is prone to mistakes, and one should be clicking one's own
    address into the space from the addressbook. If some intended address
    including your own isn't in the addressbook, it should be typed into the
    addressbook, not the To line. Then clicked into the To.

    Yes. I have my own various addresses in my addressbook.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 20, 2005
  18. "don" <> wrote in message
    > And I heard somewhere that you could stop an email message while it is
    > traveling through the net pipe lines...

    You heard wrong.
    Oxford Systems, Jun 20, 2005
  19. don

    Miggsee Guest

    You could retract it IF you are using GroupWise as a client. Are you???

    Miggsee, Jun 20, 2005
  20. don

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 05:52:01 -0400, "don" <> wrote:

    >What happened was this guys email name was very similer to mine so outlook
    >Express completed the email name with his address instead of mine.......

    I believe there's a auto-complete option you can turn off in IE...

    >And I heard somewhere that you could stop an email message while it is
    >traveling through the net pipe lines..........

    No. And it's traveling through the 'net pipe lines' for all of MAYBE 5
    seconds from when you hit send to when it's received at the receiving
    mail server.
    Evan Platt, Jun 20, 2005