    299 tests (which are actually part of the 2003 track) and get the MCSE, but I
    was wondering if I can take the 292 and 296 first even though I won't really
    have my mcse. Does anyone know if order really matters with the upgrade exams?

    =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVuTTMzMzU=?=, Jul 23, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVuTTMzMzU=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "LaurenM3335" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I recently saw the Microsoft is retiring the upgrade exams 70-292 and
    >70-296
    > in March of 2008. I still have two more exams to take to get my MCSE +
    > Security for 2000 (I'm a bit behind...I know). Anyway, I can take the 298
    > and
    > 299 tests (which are actually part of the 2003 track) and get the MCSE,
    > but I
    > was wondering if I can take the 292 and 296 first even though I won't
    > really
    > have my mcse. Does anyone know if order really matters with the upgrade
    > exams?

    I'm sorry that I don't know the answer to your question, Lauren, but perhaps
    you can answer mine?

    R U Hawt?

    Frisbee®, Jul 23, 2007

  3. "LaurenM3335" wrote:

    > I recently saw the Microsoft is retiring the upgrade exams 70-292 and 70-296
    > in March of 2008. I still have two more exams to take to get my MCSE +
    > Security for 2000 (I'm a bit behind...I know). Anyway, I can take the 298 and
    > 299 tests (which are actually part of the 2003 track) and get the MCSE, but I
    > was wondering if I can take the 292 and 296 first even though I won't really
    > have my mcse. Does anyone know if order really matters with the upgrade exams?

    I don't think you can. I think you have to already be certified in 2000 to
    take the 2 upgrade exams.
    --
    Retired U.S. Air Force
    MCSE - 2000 & 2003

    =?Utf-8?B?VEJhY2tzdHJvbQ==?=, Jul 23, 2007
  4. Actually, you can take any exam in any order you want.
    However, on the upgrade exams, you won't get any credit for it in regards to
    certification until you pass what you are upgrading from.
    That is, if you take the 70-292 or 70-292 and 70-296, but don't get the MCSA
    2000 or MCSE 2000 by March 31, 2008, you just wasted the $125 or $250 dollars
    (or your country's equivalent).
    Remember that you can still take the 70-290 and 70-291 after March, 2008 in
    order to get an MCSA 2003. If you look at the "skills being measured," 70-290
    and 70-291 are almost the same as 70-292. (70-290 has "Managing and
    Maintaining Physical and Logical Devices" and 70-291 has "Implementing,
    Managing, and Maintaining IP Addressing", "Implementing, Managing, and
    Maintaining Routing and Remote Access ", and "Maintaining a Network
    Infrastructure" which 70-292 doesn't have.)

    Best wishes in your certification studies.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?=, Jul 23, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVuTTMzMzU=?=

    Cerebrus Guest

    On Jul 23, 6:35 pm, "Frisbee®" <> wrote:

    > I'm sorry that I don't know the answer to your question, Lauren, but perhaps
    > you can answer mine?
    >
    > R U Hawt?

    How'd you know that she's a she ?!?! The name ?

    Guess what ! Someone rated your answer with 5 stars in GG ! Poor
    TBackstrom and Larry get nothing, lol.

    Cerebrus, Jul 23, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVuTTMzMzU=?=

    TheITGirl Guest

    "Cerebrus" <> wrote in message
    On Jul 23, 6:35 pm, "Frisbee®" <> wrote:

    > I'm sorry that I don't know the answer to your question, Lauren, but
    > perhaps
    > you can answer mine?
    >
    > R U Hawt?

    How'd you know that she's a she ?!?! The name ?

    Guess what ! Someone rated your answer with 5 stars in GG ! Poor
    TBackstrom and Larry get nothing, lol.

    I vaguely remember Frisbee asking someone called Robyn the same question
    some time ago. Trouble was, Robyn was British and, until fairly recently,
    Robyn/Robin was virtually exclusively a boy's name in Britain.

    Of course, Robyn could have been a nubile young female, not as HAWT as me,
    of course ;-) but we'll never know as he/she has never posted since!

    IT Girl MCDST

    TheITGirl, Jul 24, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVuTTMzMzU=?=

    Consultant Guest

    still waiting for pics.........

    Consultant, Jul 24, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVuTTMzMzU=?=

    TheITGirl Guest

    "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    > still waiting for pics.........

    There's one on www.theitclassroom.com - it's not very good quality (it was
    all I had available when I wrote the article at work - save for the one on
    our office intranet which I don't like), but that gives it a sort of "soft
    focus" effect!

    Now I've shown you mine - when are you going to show me yours?

    IT Girl MCDST

    TheITGirl, Jul 24, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVuTTMzMzU=?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "TheITGirl" <> wrote in message

    > "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    >> still waiting for pics.........
    >>

    > There's one on www.theitclassroom.com?wp_ml=0 - it's not very good quality
    > (it was all I had available when I wrote the article at work - save for
    > the one on our office intranet which I don't like), but that gives it a
    > sort of "soft focus" effect!
    >
    > Now I've shown you mine - when are you going to show me yours?

    Okay, that does it. I'm in love again. Hope my googling wife doesn't find
    out.

    Frisbee®, Jul 24, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVuTTMzMzU=?=

    Consultant Guest

    I can email it to you privately, you must understand, anonymity is key for
    me.

    Consultant, Jul 24, 2007
  11. "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    >I can email it to you privately, you must understand, anonymity is key for
    >me.

    read: i am too ugly to post my pic in public :)
    No worries, consultant, I understand...

    Nick Gressens, Jul 24, 2007
  12. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVuTTMzMzU=?=

    Jtyc Guest

    > read: i am too ugly to post my pic in public :)
    > No worries, consultant, I understand...

    He's dead sexy.

    If I switched teams I'd be all over that.

    Jtyc, Jul 24, 2007
  13. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVuTTMzMzU=?=

    Consultant Guest

    true, i am hideous

    Consultant, Jul 24, 2007
  14. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVuTTMzMzU=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "TheITGirl" <> say in

    > Of course, Robyn could have been a nubile young female, not as HAWT as
    > me, of course ;-) but we'll never know as he/she has never posted
    > since!
    >
    > IT Girl MCDST

    PICS?

    - Confucius say: He who pass gas in church must sit in own pew

    Neil, Jul 24, 2007
  15. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVuTTMzMzU=?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Jtyc" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    >> read: i am too ugly to post my pic in public :)
    >> No worries, consultant, I understand...

    > He's dead sexy.
    >

    > If I switched teams I'd be all over that.

    He's dead??? Switched to Necrophiliac?!!!one!1!!!

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Jul 24, 2007
  16. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVuTTMzMzU=?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Jtyc" <> say in

    >> read: i am too ugly to post my pic in public :)
    >> No worries, consultant, I understand...

    > He's dead sexy.
    >

    > If I switched teams I'd be all over that.

    I think I threw up a little in my mouth...

    I have never been this revolted in my life!

    - I'm not confused; I'm between paradigms.

    Neil, Jul 24, 2007
  17. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVuTTMzMzU=?=

    > "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    >> still waiting for pics.........
    >>

    > There's one on www.theitclassroom.com - it's not very good quality (it
    > was all I had available when I wrote the article at work - save for
    > the one on our office intranet which I don't like), but that gives it
    > a sort of "soft focus" effect!
    >
    > Now I've shown you mine - when are you going to show me yours?
    >
    > IT Girl MCDST

    That was surprisingly more appealing that I intially was prepared for.
    Mind you, seeing Mike it's-Allgood's pic prior to yours lowered my
    standards greatly ;)

    - Virgin wool comes from ugly and lonely sheep...

    Neil, Jul 24, 2007
  18. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVuTTMzMzU=?=

    Consultant Guest

    i take offense to that

    Consultant, Jul 24, 2007
  19. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVuTTMzMzU=?=

    Consultant Guest

    you didnt like his mullet?

    Consultant, Jul 24, 2007
  20. =?Utf-8?B?TGF1cmVuTTMzMzU=?=

    Jtyc Guest

    > I think I threw up a little in my mouth...
    > I have never been this revolted in my life!

    You can join in if you want.

    Jtyc, Jul 24, 2007