Retirement of MCSA/MCSE 2000 Certification

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?QmFtYnVz?=, Apr 28, 2004.

  1. Has anyone heard anything about Microsoft retiring the 2000 Certifications or for those who are MCSA/MCSE certified in 2000 to have until the end of 2004 to upgrade to Server 2003?

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFtYnVz?=, Apr 28, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QmFtYnVz?=

    Neil Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFtYnVz?= <> wrote in
    news::

    > Has anyone heard anything about Microsoft retiring the 2000
    > Certifications or for those who are MCSA/MCSE certified in 2000 to
    > have until the end of 2004 to upgrade to Server 2003?

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/faq.asp says:

    Q. I have passed some Windows 2000 exams. Will I be required to complete
    my certification with Windows 2000 exams? Or will I be able to complete
    my certification with both Windows 2000 and Windows Server 2003 exams?

    A. Microsoft has developed independent certification requirements for
    Windows Server 2003. The certification requirements for Microsoft
    Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) on Windows Server 2003 differ from
    those for MCSE on Microsoft Windows® 2000. However, if you complete your
    MCSE or MCSA certification in Windows 2000, you will have the opportunity
    to take advantage of an upgrade path that will enable you to update your
    certification to Windows Server 2003 in a time- and cost-effective
    manner. See MCSE on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Certification
    Requirements for exam details.

    STFW!

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Apr 28, 2004

  3. >-----Original Message-----
    >Has anyone heard anything about Microsoft retiring the

    2000 Certifications or for those who are MCSA/MCSE
    certified in 2000 to have until the end of 2004 to
    upgrade to Server 2003?
    >.
    >. I've heard the same rumour and I wrote microsoft about

    it...here's their response:
    I hope this helps you out

    Thank you for your e-mail regarding the MCSE 2000
    Certification.

    We apologize for the inconvenience and confusion.
    However, Microsoft
    Certifications are valid as long as the exams used to
    achieve the
    certification have not been retired. We are committed to
    ensuring that
    Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certifications are
    at all times
    relevant, valued, and respected credentials that identify
    skilled and
    experienced developers and information technology (IT)
    professionals. To
    fulfill this commitment, Microsoft certification
    requirements must keep pace
    with technology advancements.

    The MCP program continually monitors current industry
    trends and makes
    appropriate changes. Microsoft develops new exams and
    discontinues
    others to ensure that all exams reflect current job
    roles. To help you
    manage your certification and training plan, all
    certification exams will
    be available for at least two years from the release date
    of the exam.
    (Please see the preparation guide of the exam you are
    interested in,
    which includes the date the exam was released.)
    Announcements of exams
    that are scheduled for discontinuation will be made once
    a year in June on
    this Web site. By upgrading your exams, you will ensure
    that your
    certification remains current. Microsoft will only retire
    a certification
    when Microsoft has determined that the certification in
    question no
    longer has an industry demand to support it. Candidates
    who subscribe to the
    online newsletter MCP NewsFlash at
    http://microsoft.com/traincert/newsletters/ will receive
    notification
    by e-mail of an exams impending discontinuation at least
    12 months
    before that exam is no longer available. Exam status
    information will also
    be available at this Web site at all times.

    The Exams Scheduled for Discontinuation table at
    http://microsoft.com/traincert/mcpexams/status/examstoreti
    re.asp shows
    which exams have been selected for discontinuation and
    how new exams
    may correspond to the exams that will no longer be
    available. It also
    contains information on how the discontinuations might
    affect your
    certification. The Discontinued Exams table at
    http://microsoft.com/traincert/mcpexams/status/examsretire
    d.asp shows
    which exams are no longer available.

    If there is anything else we can do for you, please let
    us know. Thank
    you for contacting Microsoft.

    Vincent

    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert