    is a newer version of these exams? I am looking to get an MCSD this year and
    don't wan't to write older exams.

    Any advice?
    Sudhir Darbha, May 10, 2009

  2. "Sudhir Darbha" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I see that the exams for MCSD are retired by March 2009. Does this mean
    >there
    > is a newer version of these exams? I am looking to get an MCSD this year
    > and
    > don't wan't to write older exams.

    There's an entirely new certification program for developers.

    The MCAD/MCSD exams were .NET v1.1 (and earlier non-.NET technologies) only.

    Starting with the VS2005/.NET 2.0 product line, the developer certs were
    converted to the MCTS/MCPD program.

    See http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcpd for more information.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], May 10, 2009

  3. Sudhir Darbha

    kinshuk Guest

    kinshuk, Aug 28, 2009
  4. Sudhir Darbha

    kinshuk Guest

    "Sudhir Darbha" wrote:

    > I see that the exams for MCSD are retired by March 2009. Does this mean there
    > is a newer version of these exams? I am looking to get an MCSD this year and
    > don't wan't to write older exams.
    >
    > Any advice?

    hello......i am a freshers who had just completed his b-tech.........i m
    planning to go for certification in .net.......can anyone plz tell me whether
    i should go for MCTS/MCPD or MCSD.....becoz MCSD exams r retired......n i
    don't wanna ma certificate to get retired......plz tell me
    kinshuk, Aug 28, 2009
  5. I'm recommending to take exams on MCPD (Microsoft Certified Professional
    Developer) on .NET Framework 3.5. It is a certification program instead
    of MCAD/MCSD

    ÐлекÑандр Гарибов, Sep 11, 2009
  6. Sudhir Darbha

    CERTIAGB Guest

    Hi,

    If I start from scratch of certifications (no exams passed) and I wish to
    take the 3.5 Framework route, can you please guide me where I can find the
    path that details what papers needs to be completed?

    CERTIAGB, Nov 27, 2009

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/mcpd.aspx

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Nov 27, 2009