Rethinking mysterious roswell crash

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Jan 10, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    Perhaps some new information on the most famous crash of all times has come
    to light according to the Discovery Channel.
    The alleged flying saucer from outer space may not have been.
    According to the show, several German scientists had been working at wright
    patterson AFB in ohio during WWII and developing some interesting items
    which included "levitating" devices.

    Meanwhile in Germany, Victor Schaumburg had been working on a device that
    was based on what is known as the "coanda" effect.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_disc_shaped_aircraft
    When he had heard of the crash reported as "disc shaped", his invention
    came to mind right off.

    Had the US military perfected the machine? Is that why the wreckage and
    occupants were taken to wright-patt? With the rest of the story totally
    fabricated?

    One thing is for sure, the US military especially will probably never
    disclose the truth about roswell in any way.

    richard, Jan 10, 2010

  2. richard

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Bada bing richard <> bada bang:
    > One thing is for sure, the US military especially will probably never
    > disclose the truth about roswell in any way.

    I think you meant "One thing is for sure, no one will ever
    believe the truth disclosed by the US military long before the
    thought of aliens ever entered the story."

    Mike "can you say woo?" Yetto
    In practice they are not.

    Mike Yetto, Jan 10, 2010

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 14:00:48 -0700, richard wrote:

    > Perhaps some new information on the most famous crash of all times has come
    > to light according to the Discovery Channel.
    > The alleged flying saucer from outer space may not have been.
    > According to the show, several German scientists had been working at wright
    > patterson AFB in ohio during WWII and developing some interesting items
    > which included "levitating" devices.
    >
    > Meanwhile in Germany, Victor Schaumburg had been working on a device that
    > was based on what is known as the "coanda" effect.
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_disc_shaped_aircraft
    > When he had heard of the crash reported as "disc shaped", his invention
    > came to mind right off.
    >
    > Had the US military perfected the machine? Is that why the wreckage and
    > occupants were taken to wright-patt? With the rest of the story totally
    > fabricated?
    >
    > One thing is for sure, the US military especially will probably never
    > disclose the truth about roswell in any way.

    Found this page as the fool tries to explain the coanda effect.
    http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/repcotst.htm

    The only thing he did was show how suction works, poorly.
    On the top of his "saucer", you see 3 little clips. To which his air supply
    hose from above is attached.

    Sorry dude, that ain't the effect at all.

    From what they showed on the original experiment, the air pressure came
    from within the craft and was pushed outwards under extreme pressure
    causing the thing to lift.

    richard, Jan 11, 2010
  4. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 14:00:48 -0700, richard wrote:

    > Perhaps some new information on the most famous crash of all times has come
    > to light according to the Discovery Channel.
    > The alleged flying saucer from outer space may not have been.
    > According to the show, several German scientists had been working at wright
    > patterson AFB in ohio during WWII and developing some interesting items
    > which included "levitating" devices.
    >
    > Meanwhile in Germany, Victor Schaumburg had been working on a device that
    > was based on what is known as the "coanda" effect.
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_disc_shaped_aircraft
    > When he had heard of the crash reported as "disc shaped", his invention
    > came to mind right off.
    >
    > Had the US military perfected the machine? Is that why the wreckage and
    > occupants were taken to wright-patt? With the rest of the story totally
    > fabricated?
    >
    > One thing is for sure, the US military especially will probably never
    > disclose the truth about roswell in any way.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1itYTd__Dog&feature=player_embedded

    Here the boys at MIT show how it's really done right.

    richard, Jan 11, 2010
  5. richard

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-01-11, richard <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 14:00:48 -0700, richard wrote:

    [...]

    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1itYTd__Dog&feature=player_embedded
    >
    > Here the boys at MIT show how it's really done right.

    I think they're showing something called 'ground effect' with that
    contraption, as far as 'flying' is concerned. Needs a lot of work to get
    it really flying.

    This one really does fly
    <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXVtUCABiv8&feature=player_embedded>.

    The Coanda effect as such can be demonstrated using a jet of water (as
    from a tap [faucet] or garden hose) and various common objects - get the
    angles right and the jet will tend to follow the shape of the object. It
    is exploited (or faught against) in many applications of 'fluid dymanics'.

    Here's a summary of Coanda's story
    <http://discaircraft.greyfalcon.us/Coanda.htm>.

    I suspect there are efficiency and noise considerations to explain why
    helicopter-like machines continue to predominate over 'flying saucers'.

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jan 11, 2010