Retaining Cookies

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by R Hickey, May 12, 2006.

  1. R Hickey

    R Hickey Guest

    This is probably a somewhat unusual problem but I am having difficulty
    getting FF to keep some cookies that I want to retain.

    I have about 5 from a couple of sites that allow me to automatically log-
    in without having to retype passwords and usernames, etc at banking sites
    and such.

    I have cookies enabled, I have these specific sites listed in the "accept
    cookies from" or "allow" or whatever the check box in the tools menu is
    named. I entered the sites into any and every place I could find to permit
    them setting cookies and keeping them until they expire.

    I also use "ANec Cookie Editor 0.2.1.0" extension and again have all the
    sites I want to be retained listed there.

    I don't have any program or settings to clear cookies, temporary files,
    etc. I did a while back and un-installed them to see if by chance this was
    deleting the cookies. It hasn't changed anything.

    I am running Windows XP Home with no service packs installed and can't
    think of much else that might be helpful.

    Any ideas / advice why this is happening would be appreciated. Thanks.

    Robert

    R Hickey, May 12, 2006

  2. R Hickey

    gwtc Guest

    R Hickey wrote:

    > This is probably a somewhat unusual problem but I am having difficulty
    > getting FF to keep some cookies that I want to retain.
    >
    > I have about 5 from a couple of sites that allow me to automatically log-
    > in without having to retype passwords and usernames, etc at banking sites
    > and such.
    >
    > I have cookies enabled, I have these specific sites listed in the "accept
    > cookies from" or "allow" or whatever the check box in the tools menu is
    > named. I entered the sites into any and every place I could find to permit
    > them setting cookies and keeping them until they expire.
    >
    > I also use "ANec Cookie Editor 0.2.1.0" extension and again have all the
    > sites I want to be retained listed there.
    >
    > I don't have any program or settings to clear cookies, temporary files,
    > etc. I did a while back and un-installed them to see if by chance this was
    > deleting the cookies. It hasn't changed anything.
    >
    > I am running Windows XP Home with no service packs installed and can't
    > think of much else that might be helpful.
    >
    > Any ideas / advice why this is happening would be appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > Robert

    what else have you got running in the background? Some anti-virus
    programs delete cookies, as well as some Firewalls, spam blockers and
    checkers, and a few others

    --
    Things I learned from my Mother

    Tip #9. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
    "If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"

    Tip #10. My mother taught me about the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
    "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

    Tip #11. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.
    "Stop acting like your father!"

    gwtc, May 12, 2006