    During a maintenance clean-up, what app or method do you use to retain the
    cookies you actually want to keep, for sites you have to sign into
    frequently? Manually selecting them is tedious.

    frankg, Oct 19, 2004

  2. frankg

    Dan Evans Guest

    "frankg" <> wrote in message
    news:be7dd.45973$...
    > During a maintenance clean-up, what app or method do you use to retain the
    > cookies you actually want to keep, for sites you have to sign into
    > frequently? Manually selecting them is tedious.

    Go through the folder manually once and mark the ones you want to keep as
    read only. I haven't tried this (I'm on Firefox, and only allow session
    cookies), so if there is a clever MS "gotcha" about cookies, you may get
    bitten. I'm confident this would work though.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Oct 19, 2004

  3. frankg

    frankg Guest

    > > During a maintenance clean-up, what app or method do you use to retain

    the
    > > cookies you actually want to keep, for sites you have to sign into
    > > frequently? Manually selecting them is tedious.

    > Go through the folder manually once and mark the ones you want to keep as
    > read only. I haven't tried this (I'm on Firefox, and only allow session
    > cookies), so if there is a clever MS "gotcha" about cookies, you may get
    > bitten. I'm confident this would work though.

    nope, i changed the properties of one example to read only (from archive)
    but it could still be deleted

    frankg, Oct 19, 2004
  4. frankg

    Jamco Guest

    set internet explorer to block all cookies, except for the sites that you
    want to keep the cookies for. If you run accross a site that doesn't work
    without cookies, add it to the list of sites that you allow cookies from.
    Works good for me, seems about 95% of websites work fine with their cookies
    blocked..

    Jamco, Oct 19, 2004
  5. frankg

    Dan Evans Guest

    "frankg" <> wrote in message

    > > > During a maintenance clean-up, what app or method do you use to retain

    > the
    > > > cookies you actually want to keep, for sites you have to sign into
    > > > frequently? Manually selecting them is tedious.

    > > Go through the folder manually once and mark the ones you want to keep

    as
    > > read only. I haven't tried this (I'm on Firefox, and only allow session
    > > cookies), so if there is a clever MS "gotcha" about cookies, you may get
    > > bitten. I'm confident this would work though.
    > >

    > nope, i changed the properties of one example to read only (from archive)
    > but it could still be deleted

    was this deleting from internet options, or from explorer? Which ever you
    tried (I'm guessing Internet OPtions), try the other and see what happens.
    Apart from that, I'd say go the way suggested by Jamco

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Oct 19, 2004
  6. frankg

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Oct 20, 2004
  7. frankg

    frankg Guest

    It's your published maintenance routine that i use (ie cache, hdvalet, etc.)
    and that wipes out my needed 'sign in' sites - so this little app will do
    the trick then ?

    --
    xx

    frankg, Oct 20, 2004
  8. frankg

    °Mike° Guest

    If you followed my routine correctly you wouldn't be
    deleting cookies manually, but yes, it will do the trick
    because you will not get *any* cookies on your system
    that you don't want...period. I use it.

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:05:10 -0400, in
    <zusdd.25798$>
    frankg scrawled:

    >It's your published maintenance routine that i use (ie cache, hdvalet, etc.)
    >and that wipes out my needed 'sign in' sites - so this little app will do
    >the trick then ?
    >
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> CookiPal
    >> http://www.kburra.com/cpal.html

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 20, 2004
  9. frankg

    frankg Guest

    To the letter Mike, I'm a faithful follower :)
    I don't delete them manually.
    But after each maintenance routine - my login / sign-in priviledges to
    particular sites are gone. Maybe I'm mistaken about where these 'user name'
    and 'passwords' logins are kept on my machine.

    frankg, Oct 20, 2004
  10. frankg

    °Mike° Guest

    But you said: "Manually selecting them is tedious."?!

    On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:47:25 -0400, in
    <Enydd.25992$>
    frankg scrawled:

    °Mike°, Oct 21, 2004
  11. frankg

    frankg Guest

    Sorry. I meant to say de-select them. To manually have to de-select the ones
    I wish to keep is tedious.

    --
    xx

    frankg, Oct 21, 2004
  12. frankg

    °Mike° Guest

    Right, well that implies that you are deleting the
    cookies needed for certain pages. If you use
    CookiePal, you can COMPLETELY control your
    cookies from it's interface, including allowing,
    disallowing, deleting, setting filters etc. Give
    it a go.

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 07:50:38 -0400, in
    <hoNdd.54651$>
    frankg scrawled:

    °Mike°, Oct 21, 2004
  13. frankg

    frankg Guest

    Will do -Thanks.

    --
    xx

    frankg, Oct 21, 2004
  14. frankg

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:30:36 -0400, in
    <_ROdd.54697$>
    frankg scrawled:

    >Will do -Thanks.
    >
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> Right, well that implies that you are deleting the
    >> cookies needed for certain pages. If you use
    >> CookiePal, you can COMPLETELY control your
    >> cookies from it's interface, including allowing,
    >> disallowing, deleting, setting filters etc. Give
    >> it a go.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance