Retailer Problems With NowPlaying 247?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Ken, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. Ken

    Ken Guest

    Has anyone purchased anything from NowPlaying 247? (www.np247.com)
    Have you been able to reach them and if so ... how?

    My experiences so far:

    They charge your credit card before items are shipped ... if in fact
    they ever were.

    Completely unresponsive to email.

    No telephone number listed on their site.

    No telephone number or location listed with VISA.

    No telephone directory listing that corresponds to their DBA or
    address in the directory of the city they claim to be located in.

    They are completely unreachable and unresponsive. Would I buy from
    them again ... hell no!

    Ken

    Ken, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Ken

    fuzzy1 Guest

    Checkout their website phone number is listed at bottom:
    416-236-3484
    Toronto Canada

    fuzzy1, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Ken

    fuzzy1 Guest

    Sorry that number is a fax number

    I did a reverse look up using their address it led to a Mailboxes Ect.
    address, so my guess is their using a box their.
    If you don't receive your order only thing to do is contact Metro Toronto
    Police Fraud.
    Good Luck

    fuzzy1, Dec 18, 2003
  4. Ken

    Ken Guest

    I'm not sure if the Mailboxes Etc. reverse lookup is correct ... the
    mail codes don't match. But ... if that's what their doing ... that
    doesn't give me a very warm feeling. I can prolly get my money back
    with a little hassle ... all I have to do is ask for my money back,
    document it and file a dispute with VISA and they should reverse the
    charge.

    Ken

    Ken, Dec 18, 2003
  5. Ken

    Wally Guest

    (Ken) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Has anyone purchased anything from NowPlaying 247? (www.np247.com)
    > Have you been able to reach them and if so ... how?
    >
    > My experiences so far:
    >
    > They charge your credit card before items are shipped ... if in fact
    > they ever were.
    >
    > Completely unresponsive to email.
    >
    > No telephone number listed on their site.
    >
    > No telephone number or location listed with VISA.
    >
    > No telephone directory listing that corresponds to their DBA or
    > address in the directory of the city they claim to be located in.
    >
    > They are completely unreachable and unresponsive. Would I buy from
    > them again ... hell no!
    >
    > Ken

    I had the same experience. Ordered 34 days ago. They charged my
    account then never replied to numerous emails and faxes until today
    12/31....with a lame excuse about one of my dvd'd being on back order.
    They certainly knew this at least three weeks ago and should have told
    me. They didnt. I cancelled the order via Visa.

    I originally ordered from them due to their info showing the dvd's
    were "in stock" and "usually shipped in two days". I needed these for
    Christmas gifts so I thought I'd get these in plenty of time. Boy was
    I wrong. They even posted the status of my order on 11/30 as "filled
    and waiting to be shipped." What a crock of shit!!

    I replied to THEIR email and let them have it!!
    Some guy named Michael replied within 2 hours with a lame-ass apology.
    Too little too late. These guys are bad news. Avoid at all costs.

    Wally, Jan 1, 2004
  6. Ken

    Ed Guest

    Watch out for these guys!!! I placed an order in Noverber, and I have
    yet to see the order show up. They don't respond to any emails. I
    have contacted my credit card company to reverse the charges. My
    credit card company had indicated that they also had other problems
    with this etailer.

    The address on the site is a Mailboxes Etc. located in Canada. If you
    go the the mailboxes etc site you will find that address on the list
    for Canada.

    WARNING ! ! ! STAY AWAY FROM THESE GUYS !!!!! You will be
    disappointed.

    Ed, Jan 11, 2004