    Retail XP64? (thus boxed?)

    Greetings

    Juan Jansen
    Juan Jansen, Jun 2, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 2, 2005

  3. "Juan Jansen" <> wrote in message
    > When you try to exchange you're retail XP32 for XP64... will you get a
    > Retail XP64? (thus boxed?)
    >
    > Greetings

    No your get an OEM CD.
    There is no Retail package for x64 Microsoft opertaing systems.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Jun 2, 2005
  4. Juan Jansen

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    There is no retail version. Windows XP Professional X64 Edition is OEM
    only.

    According to the guidelines published by Microsoft, the exchange will be one
    for one, OEM XP Professional only.

    There will not be an exchange for XP Home Edition, Media Center Edition, or
    retail version of XP Professional.

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Jun 2, 2005
  5. Juan Jansen

    John Barnes Guest

    Retail version of XP Professional works now for the exchange.

    John Barnes, Jun 2, 2005
  6. Juan Jansen

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    Thanks for the update...when did they change it? I may have to re-apply...

    Bobby

    NoNoBadDog!, Jun 2, 2005
  7. May 25th:
    http://www.betanews.com/article/Microsoft_Opens_x64_Upgrades_to_Retail/1117045812
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 2, 2005
  8. Juan Jansen

    James Park Guest

    Well, retail keys have worked from day 1, but they didn't change the site
    wording until much later.

    James Park, Jun 2, 2005