Results for 071-271 posted

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Larry Samuels, Jan 9, 2004.

  1. Larry Samuels, Jan 9, 2004

  2. "Larry Samuels" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    > Prometric just posted the results for 071-271.
    >
    > WooHoo!!
    > I passed!!

    Orange Whip? Who wants an Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips!

    --
    Politician Spock
    Thug #24601
    Politician Spock, Jan 9, 2004

  3. Larry Samuels

    Consultant Guest

    Consultant, Jan 9, 2004
  4. Thanks!

    I was actually worried since I recently decided to get certified for
    business reasons.

    My MS Press study guides for MCSE for Server 2003 arrived Wednesday so I
    figure I will start with 70-270 which should be a cakewalk to break into
    studying again after all these years.

    I opened the Readiness Kit and loaded the practice exam cold to see what
    areas I need to concentrate on.

    Talk about a rude awakening!--I passed the practice test with a score of
    82%, but have an all new awareness of how little that I really know about
    XP's intricacies.

    WTF??? I am an XP MVP that uses and configures this software on a daily
    basis and I can only score 12% above failing?

    That really rattled my confidence--I should know this stuff hands down, and
    then realization hit me with a cluestick.
    As a MVP and OEM Systembuilder, I have access to resources so, if I run
    across something I don't know, I can find the answers quickly. Those
    resources are almost like a crutch--there is no incentive for me to go the
    extra mile and memorize all the material.

    As for scoring high on the exams, that is just a matter of personal pride
    for me. I know I could take the exam and pass,but that isn't good enough.
    I have always done well in anything I have attempted academically and I am
    not about to let getting a little older and a little slower change that. It
    just means I will have to work at it this time instead of just reading the
    material and absorbing it the way I did in high school and college.

    Associate Expert
    Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at

    Larry Samuels, Jan 9, 2004
  5. Larry Samuels

    Kendal Emery Guest

    Maybe you should braindump......

    (Goes and hides behind consultant)

    BIG :)

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Kendal Emery, Jan 9, 2004
  6. Yer evil Kendal!! <G>

    It'll be a cold day in hell before I......Oops, maybe I better phrase that
    differently considering Don Henley's remark about an Eagles reunion.

    --
    Larry Samuels

    Larry Samuels, Jan 9, 2004