    control panel. When I click on the mmsys.cpl file in the system directory,
    the dialogue box offers "open with control panel", but when I click that,
    nothing happens.

    John McCallie, Dec 11, 2003

  2. John McCallie

    °Mike° Guest

    Why have you taken this to a new thread?

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:05:49 GMT, in
    <xxOBb.80820$_M.404083@attbi_s54>
    John McCallie scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 11, 2003

  3. John McCallie

    tommy Guest

    "John McCallie" <> wrote in message
    > Was having some sound problems and in the course of trying to fix those,
    > found out that neither the multimedia nor the sounds icons in control

    panel
    > will respond. With help, I restored the mmsys.cpl from the win98 disc,

    but
    > now both the aforementioned icons have completely disappeared from the
    > control panel. When I click on the mmsys.cpl file in the system

    directory,
    > the dialogue box offers "open with control panel", but when I click that,
    > nothing happens.
    >
    > You might hit Start/Run/Misconfig/general/launch system restore and go

    back a couple days.

    tommy, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Mike,
    I wanted to just simplify for my own sake & look at one small piece at a
    time. If that's dumb, incorrect or confusing, my apologies. I'm relatively
    inexperienced at this and am not well versed in the protocol. Obsequiously
    Yours, John

    John McCallie, Dec 11, 2003
  5. John McCallie

    °Mike° Guest

    If *is* dumb and confusing. I have replied to you in the
    original thread.

    On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:57:55 GMT, in
    <niPBb.80917$_M.410164@attbi_s54>
    John McCallie scrawled: