    version of Firefox (at the moment)

    Thank you
    S.

    Sebastian Spandauer, Feb 22, 2005

  2. Sebastian Spandauer

    Ed Mullen Guest

    http://users.adelphia.net/~irwingreenwald/About Profiles.html
    http://www.ufaq.org/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=99

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Feb 23, 2005

  3. Sebastian Spandauer wrote:
    > Hey,
    >
    > my windows crashed finaly. I even cannot repair it with the original
    > CD. Though i had to install a new Windows (on an new C:\ harddrive).
    > The data on the old harddrive with the old Windows isn't damaged as i
    > can see.
    >
    > Now my question:
    >
    > How can i transfer my old installation of Firefox (bookmarks,
    > extensions, passwords) into the new installed version with a "raw"
    > version of Firefox (at the moment)
    >
    > Thank you
    > S.

    Simply relace your profile folder, it's location depends on your OS see:
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder

    --
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

    graeme@invalid, Feb 23, 2005
  4. Sebastian Spandauer

    Pascal C. Guest

    Le Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:11:47 -0500, Ed Mullen a écrit :

    > Sebastian Spandauer wrote:
    >
    >> How can i transfer my old installation of Firefox (bookmarks,
    >> extensions, passwords) into the new installed version with a "raw"
    >> version of Firefox (at the moment)

    Today I moved from a Linux host with Mozilla to
    a new one with Firefox + Thunderbird.

    While I managed to get most of my Firefox configuration
    restored on the new box, I couldn't find a way to transfer
    my email folders: I tried many methods: copying the folder
    in a new profile, importing, etc. No way!

    Did anyone managed to move his mailboxes from one PC to
    another?

    Pascal C., Feb 26, 2005
  5. Sebastian Spandauer

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Pascal C. wrote:

    > Le Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:11:47 -0500, Ed Mullen a écrit :
    >

    >>Sebastian Spandauer wrote:
    >>

    >>>How can i transfer my old installation of Firefox (bookmarks,
    >>>extensions, passwords) into the new installed version with a "raw"
    >>>version of Firefox (at the moment)

    > Today I moved from a Linux host with Mozilla to
    > a new one with Firefox + Thunderbird.
    >
    > While I managed to get most of my Firefox configuration
    > restored on the new box, I couldn't find a way to transfer
    > my email folders: I tried many methods: copying the folder
    > in a new profile, importing, etc. No way!
    >
    > Did anyone managed to move his mailboxes from one PC to
    > another?

    Perhaps I'm not understanding correctly. Email folders in a Mozilla app
    are just plain-text disk files. If I copy a mail folder to my profile
    and then open Mozilla, it shows up. In fact, I have a mail folder that
    is on a removable drive that is not always present. The folder always
    appears in Mozilla but if the drive isn't physically there the folder is
    just empty. But Moz knows it should be there.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Feb 26, 2005