    Amy Guest

    Help - I have lost all my email folders - I am using Windows XP and outloook
    express 6 - is there anyway I can get them back, thanks for any help - Amy
    Amy, May 31, 2004

  2. Amy

    Miggsee Guest

    Miggsee, May 31, 2004

  3. Amy

    reid decker Guest

    Try going to edit and then catchup at the bottom. I think this will
    work. Also make sure your settings are correct in tools and messages to
    keep them from being deleted.

    reid decker, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Amy

    Rifleman Guest

    Amy cogitated deeply and scribbled thusly:
    > Help - I have lost all my email folders - I am using Windows XP and outloook
    > express 6 - is there anyway I can get them back, thanks for any help - Amy

    Sounds as though your Identity is corrupted - go to
    Tools-Options-Maintenance, and click on Store Folder - that will tell
    you where your mail folders are.
    Then go to File-Identities-Manage Identities and create a new Identity.
    Close OE, relaunch it, and log on under the new Identity. Go to
    File-Import-messages and navigate to the place where your old folders
    are stored. Complete the import and see if that now works. if that is
    OK, then delete the old (corrupt) identity.

    HTH

    --
    gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk

    To email me replace the obvious!
    Rifleman, Jun 1, 2004
  5. Amy

    shamrocks

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Was searching for the above issue and well I followed the steps above but it didn't work. When I go to the folders, it only shows dbx (AutoCAD Database Extension) files. Forexample I have folders in Outlook express named:
    1. CMAR - 3354 KB
    2. SCAN - 30,276 KB
    3. Seistech - 6743 KB
    4. Taxes - 1560 KB
    etc.

    So to me it seems that the messages are there but it doesn't work when I go to import.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    shamrocks, Dec 5, 2008
  6. Amy

    shamrocks

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Nevermind, sorted it out now.
    Thanks. Just had to change the program to use.
    shamrocks, Dec 5, 2008