    seen all the icons there......... even tried to send to
    desktop.......... there are not showing up after rebooting the
    computer. Any working suggestions greatly appreciated
    vid, Nov 14, 2007

  2. vid

    Mike R Guest

    On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:43:34 -0000, vid <> wrote:

    >hi all removed the adobe reader from vista 32 bit home
    >premium......trouble is my desktop icons have disappeared. Went thru
    >the regular route to get them back up. (personalize // desktop/ click
    >on /okay/ etc. even went to c /users/roaming/microsoft/quick launch.
    >seen all the icons there......... even tried to send to
    >desktop.......... there are not showing up after rebooting the
    >computer. Any working suggestions greatly appreciated

    *All* of your desktop icons have disappeared?
    Mike R, Nov 14, 2007

  3. vid

    chuckcar Guest

    vid <> wrote in

    > hi all removed the adobe reader from vista 32 bit home
    > premium......trouble is my desktop icons have disappeared. Went thru
    > the regular route to get them back up. (personalize // desktop/ click
    > on /okay/ etc. even went to c /users/roaming/microsoft/quick launch.
    > seen all the icons there......... even tried to send to
    > desktop.......... there are not showing up after rebooting the
    > computer. Any working suggestions greatly appreciated

    Three things to do: change your desktop viewport/virtual size with
    display properties in control panel to 800x600 then change your
    resolution to 800x600 (leave # of colours the same). right click on the
    desktop and arrange icons-> by name and left click that last. Does that
    fix it? if so, then your icons were outside your viewport i.e. the area
    of the screen you were looking at.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Nov 14, 2007