Restoring Default Voicemail Greeting on Sipgate - Possible?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by j42n, Mar 9, 2012.

  1. j42n

    j42n Guest

    I am wishing to change the voicemail greeting back from one I recorded
    to the default rather bland male voice that one hears if nothing has
    been set up.

    I've Goggled this and also checked the Sipgate help pages. It is
    stated that this can be done, together with uploading a sound file to
    act as greeting by selecting an option on the Voicemail page of my
    Sipgate account. Neither of these options seem to exists on my
    account, nor is it possible to restore the default greeting by using
    the handset after dialing 50000.

    Is there something I am missing or is there something strange about my
    account.

    Would be grateful if any other Sipgate user could take a look to see
    if they have the option.

    Thanks.
    j42n, Mar 9, 2012

  2. j42n

    Graham. Guest

    On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 13:07:09 +0000, j42n <> wrote:

    >I am wishing to change the voicemail greeting back from one I recorded
    >to the default rather bland male voice that one hears if nothing has
    >been set up.
    >
    >I've Goggled this and also checked the Sipgate help pages. It is
    >stated that this can be done, together with uploading a sound file to
    >act as greeting by selecting an option on the Voicemail page of my
    >Sipgate account. Neither of these options seem to exists on my
    >account, nor is it possible to restore the default greeting by using
    >the handset after dialing 50000.
    >
    >Is there something I am missing or is there something strange about my
    >account.
    >
    >Would be grateful if any other Sipgate user could take a look to see
    >if they have the option.
    >
    >Thanks.

    I can't see a way of defaulting it. Perhaps their support could do it.

    If I was in yout position and it was essential I did this (heaven
    knows why), what I would do is create a new account and turn on VM.
    Make a call to it and record it somehow.
    Call the VM service of the origanal service and play the recording as
    a new OGM.
    The trick is to avoid achostic

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Mar 9, 2012

  3. j42n

    Graham. Guest

    Sorry, ignore the last message sent too early and full of typos.

    I can't see a way of defaulting it. Perhaps their support could do it.

    If I was in your position and it was essential I did this (heaven
    knows why), what I would do is create a new account and turn on VM.
    Make a call to it and record it somehow.
    Call the VM service of the original service and play the recording as
    a new OGM.
    The trick is to avoid acoustic couplings (mic in front of speaker) and
    use direct connections, so you don't lose too much quality.

    I do this quite a lot, creating OGMs with mixed music and voiceover.
    Some systems allow you to upload the OGM as a WAV file, but not
    Sipgate unfortunately.

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    --
    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Mar 9, 2012
  4. j42n

    j42n Guest

    On Fri, 09 Mar 2012 14:51:57 +0000, Graham. <> wrote:

    >Sorry, ignore the last message sent too early and full of typos.
    >
    >I can't see a way of defaulting it. Perhaps their support could do it.

    Graham,

    Many thanks for checking. I understand that you can't see a reason for
    me wanting to do it. It's a bit complicated but basically I'm passing
    a number (account) that I seldom use over to a friend who I know won't
    get around to recording his own greeting until I pester him to death.

    Anyway, thanks for proving that I'm not going soft in the head and am
    unable to see something obvious.
    j42n, Mar 9, 2012