    Now I'm trying to restore the files I need using the Backup Utility Wizard,
    the Wizard installs the program BUT skips all the files .
    The report has:

    Restore completed on 3/1/2008 at 10:52 PM.
    Directories: 4
    Files: 0
    Skipped: 13
    Time: 6 seconds.

    In other words restore was completed but nothing was installed.
    Help please,
    Natis.

    Natis, Mar 2, 2008

  2. The default is to never overwrite existing files. You should try restoring
    to a separate directory and then moving over the files you need. Or change
    the options to overwrite.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 3, 2008

  3. Natis

    Natis Guest

    Thanks Charlie,
    What now and how?
    What do you mean by "overwrite existing files" ?
    Good news is that, "There is hope",
    Natis.

    Natis, Mar 3, 2008
  4. I can't give you specific steps, since I don't even know what version of
    Windows you're running. This is the 64-bit newsgroup. Are you running
    Windows XP Professional x64 Edition? Or Windows Vista 64bit?

    Knowing that, we at least have a hope of giving you the specific steps.

    Not knowing, I gave you the correct, _general_, information. I would then
    expect you to look at the backup / restore program you're using and try
    identifying where those options are and how to use them.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 3, 2008
  5. Natis

    Natis Guest

    I'm using XP professional Media Center Edition and I'm using the Windows Backup
    Wizard.
    Natis.

    Natis, Mar 3, 2008
  6. Ah, as I suspected, not a 64-bit question. This newsgroup is focused on
    questions specific to 64-bit Windows. You're likely to do a bit better in
    one of the XP specific newsgroups, such as
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, or
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers. Probably the General newsgroup is the
    best fit, since there's no backup specific newsgroup for Windows XP, but
    that newsgroup can be a bit daunting.

    Having said that, from my memory, the steps would be to start Restore
    wizard. Select the source of the files, and the specific files you want to
    restore. Then select the destination for the files. Do NOT restore them to
    the same location, but instead choose a temporary restore point, something
    like "C:\Temp". (If you don't have a C:\temp, just create one first.) Now,
    the files should restore to that location, and you can then copy them to
    wherever you want them to be.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 4, 2008
  7. Natis

    Natis Guest

    Thanks Charlie, I'll try that. I can use any help I can get,
    Natis.

    Natis, Mar 4, 2008