    will know!

    Thanks in anticipation
    stefos

    stefos, May 13, 2007

  2. On Sun, 13 May 2007 18:05:02 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "stefos"
    <> wrote:

    >Is it possible to restore photos back onto an sd card as my daughter wants
    >to show them from the camera (Nikon coolpix 2)? They are saved on the HD but
    >as jpgs and the card cleared. Not expecting miracles but you clever peeps
    >will know!

    If unedited, a simple copy back to the appropriate directory using a card
    reader should work just fine. However, if edited getting the camera to
    recognize them is a different story. You might need to use a utility such
    as David Taylor's TvWriter program.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), May 13, 2007

  3. stefos

    ray Guest

    On Sun, 13 May 2007 18:05:02 +0100, stefos wrote:

    > Is it possible to restore photos back onto an sd card as my daughter wants
    > to show them from the camera (Nikon coolpix 2)? They are saved on the HD but
    > as jpgs and the card cleared. Not expecting miracles but you clever peeps
    > will know!
    >
    > Thanks in anticipation
    > stefos

    Sure - should be no problem. I'd format the card in the camera first and
    then use a card reader to transfer the files.

    ray, May 13, 2007
  4. stefos

    Mike Russell Guest

    "stefos" <> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to restore photos back onto an sd card as my daughter
    > wants to show them from the camera (Nikon coolpix 2)? They are saved on
    > the HD but as jpgs and the card cleared. Not expecting miracles but you
    > clever peeps will know!

    I tried it with a coolpix 990 and failed. In theory, if you keep the
    info.txt file in synch with the files you've added, it *should* work. There
    are commercial products that do this.
    --

    Mike Russell
    www.curvemeister.com/forum/

    Mike Russell, May 13, 2007
  5. On Sun, 13 May 2007 14:36:00 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "Mike Russell"
    <-MOVE> wrote:

    >I tried it with a coolpix 990 and failed. In theory, if you keep the
    >info.txt file in synch with the files you've added, it *should* work. There
    >are commercial products that do this.

    This is not the case given my experience. You need to use unedited files or
    a utility such as TvWriter to format edited files. Doesn't mater what is in
    the INFO.TXT file by my experience with a CP990/5700.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), May 13, 2007
  6. stefos

    Ron Hunter Guest

    stefos wrote:
    > Is it possible to restore photos back onto an sd card as my daughter wants
    > to show them from the camera (Nikon coolpix 2)? They are saved on the HD but
    > as jpgs and the card cleared. Not expecting miracles but you clever peeps
    > will know!
    >
    > Thanks in anticipation
    > stefos

    Maybe. Some cameras save a bit of ROM space by making certain
    assumptions as to the nature of the image stored by that camera, and may
    not be able to display any picture that has been edited in any way. I
    have had pretty good luck with doing what you describe with my Kodak
    cameras, but other users have reported less success with other brands.
    Just give it a try.

    Ron Hunter, May 14, 2007
  7. Ron Hunter wrote:
    > stefos wrote:
    >> Is it possible to restore photos back onto an sd card as my
    >> daughter wants to show them from the camera (Nikon coolpix 2)? They
    >> are saved on the HD but as jpgs and the card cleared. Not expecting
    >> miracles but you clever peeps will know!
    >>
    >> Thanks in anticipation
    >> stefos
    >>

    > Maybe. Some cameras save a bit of ROM space by making certain
    > assumptions as to the nature of the image stored by that camera, and
    > may not be able to display any picture that has been edited in any
    > way. I have had pretty good luck with doing what you describe with
    > my Kodak cameras, but other users have reported less success with
    > other brands. Just give it a try.

    I have a small program which has helped many people with this problem.
    It's free to try it out.

    http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/software/imaging.html#TVwriter

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, May 14, 2007
  8. stefos

    stefos Guest

    "David J Taylor" <-this-bit.nor-this-part.co.uk>
    wrote in message news:NAV1i.18812$...
    <snip>
    > I have a small program which has helped many people with this problem. It
    > can be us free to try it out.
    >
    > http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/software/imaging.html#TVwriter
    >
    > Cheers,
    > David

    Many thanks for all your replies it has eventually been successful despite
    my own sabotage attempts! A special thanks to you David for the use of your
    programme it was invaluable.
    Now the 'Nikon coolpix P2' can go on the list of cameras that it works for!

    Regards, stefos

    stefos, May 14, 2007
  9. stefos wrote:
    > "David J Taylor"
    > <-this-bit.nor-this-part.co.uk> wrote in
    > message news:NAV1i.18812$... <snip>
    >> I have a small program which has helped many people with this
    >> problem. It can be used free to try it out.
    >>
    >> http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/software/imaging.html#TVwriter
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> David
    >>

    > Many thanks for all your replies it has eventually been successful
    > despite my own sabotage attempts! A special thanks to you David for
    > the use of your programme it was invaluable.
    > Now the 'Nikon coolpix P2' can go on the list of cameras that it
    > works for!
    > Regards, stefos

    Thanks, Stefos, I've updated the Web site. Glad to be of help.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, May 14, 2007