    appreciated, because I`m a bit new to this.
    thanx
    al

    al, Sep 13, 2003

  2. al

    °Mike° Guest

    Yes. Zero means disabled, one means enabled.

    On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 11:28:13 +0100, in
    <4jC8b.124$>
    al scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 13, 2003

  3. al

    MoreSleeP Guest

    "al" <> wrote in

    > Hi, I want to restore autorun in XPHome. I`ve looked at the registry
    > and the line reads;
    > autorun reg dword 0x00000000(0)
    >
    > I think I have to change that value but I`m terrified of the registry
    > ;O). Do I just change the (0) to (1) or the preceeeding numbers as
    > well to total (1)
    > A non tech explanation (as if you`re speaking to an idiot) would be
    > appreciated, because I`m a bit new to this.
    > thanx
    > al

    Hi al, right I checked my registry and the value in
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Cdrom is set to a 1.
    Just double click on the value and set it to 1, as long as you change only
    that value and nothing else, all should be fine. If you are still worried
    about playing with the registry, try downloading TWEAKUI from microsoft, it
    enables you to change lots of settings including the autorun feature
    without having to touch the registry.

    Have Fun.

    MoreSleeP, Sep 13, 2003
  4. al

    al Guest

    Thanks. that tweak ui sounds like what I need. I`ll go get it,

    al, Sep 13, 2003
  5. al

    al Guest

    Thanks Mike