    Currently we used Ghost 8 Corp at the company I work for. I tried to get them to use virtual partitions but they don't want to. That being said my situation is this.

    I have created three images. Each image is for a specified user type. The images work fine and are designed to work across multiple machines. What I would like to do is be able to create a ghost boot disk that when booted. Would automatically boot into ghost, access a network path with preset creds and begin downloading a pre-specified image. I don't want to have any user intervention for this process. Once the image is downloaded, it should automatically reboot the system.

    Is this possible?

    Dark Knight Poster, Nov 26, 2006

  2. Howdy!

    "Dark Knight Poster" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone has done something like this and if so if

    someone could direct me to some documentation on how to do it.

    > Currently we used Ghost 8 Corp at the company I work for. I tried to get

    them to use virtual partitions but they don't want to. That being said my
    situation is this.

    > I have created three images. Each image is for a specified user type. The

    images work fine and are designed to work across multiple machines. What I
    would like to do is be able to create a ghost boot disk that when booted.
    Would automatically boot into ghost, access a network path with preset creds
    and begin downloading a pre-specified image. I don't want to have any user
    intervention for this process. Once the image is downloaded, it should
    automatically reboot the system.

    > Is this possible?

    NET.EXE is your friend.

    As is batch file writing.

    'Nuff said.

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Nov 26, 2006

  3. Dark Knight Poster

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 05:38:05 -0600, Dark Knight Poster wrote:

    Usig horrible line lengths.

    >Hi All,

    <snip>

    >I have created three images. Each image is for a specified user type. The images

    work fine and are designed to work across multiple machines. What I
    would like to do is be able to create a ghost boot disk that when
    booted. Would automatically boot into ghost, access a network path with
    preset creds and begin downloading a pre-specified image. I don't want
    to have any user intervention for this process. Once the image is
    downloaded, it should automatically reboot the system.

    >Is this possible?

    Yes, exactly as RWP said.

    That's how we do it at work, only with the manual intervention of
    username / password.

    Me
    why?, Nov 26, 2006