restoring an account user

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?b3B0eW1hbjIwMDM=?=, May 12, 2006.

  1. how can i restore an account that was taken off of my computer

    =?Utf-8?B?b3B0eW1hbjIwMDM=?=, May 12, 2006

  2. optyman2003 wrote:
    > how can i restore an account that was taken off of my computer

    You can create a new account of the same name, but you cannot recover
    anything from a former user account, once it's been deleted. At the
    time of the account's deletion, you should have been offered the
    opportunity to preserve any data files from the account. Did this not
    happen?

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Bruce Chambers, May 12, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?b3B0eW1hbjIwMDM=?=

    John John Guest

    You might be able to do it with third party tools. These guys claim to
    be able to do it: http://www.forensit.com/profwiz2.htm

    John

    John John, May 12, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?b3B0eW1hbjIwMDM=?=

    Martin S. Guest

    I've had good results with R-Studio products, it depends though how much use
    the hard drive has had since the deletion, the more data you write to the
    drive after deletion the less chance of recovery you have.

    Martin S., May 12, 2006
  5. The _new_ account, with the same name, will not be the same account. Each
    user is identified by a GUID - a globally unique user id. Once a GUID is
    assigned, it is not re-assigned. The new user may have the same name, but
    they won't be the same user.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64