    Eric Allen Guest

    How do you get Win7 to make restore points manually like in WinXP?
    Eric

    Eric Allen, Apr 20, 2010

  2. Do a right click on Computer and click on Properties; Click on System
    protection in the upper left side; Click on Create button in the lower left.

    Bobby Johnson, Apr 20, 2010

  3. Correction:

    Do a right click on Computer and click on Properties; Click on System
    protection in the upper left side; Click on Create button in the lower
    right.

    Bobby Johnson, Apr 20, 2010
  4. Eric Allen

    Eric Allen Guest

    Bobby Johnson wrote:

    > Correction:
    >
    > Do a right click on Computer and click on Properties; Click on System
    > protection in the upper left side; Click on Create button in the lower
    > right.
    >

    > On 2010-04-20 16:13, Bobby Johnson wrote:
    >> Do a right click on Computer and click on Properties; Click on System
    >> protection in the upper left side; Click on Create button in the lower
    >> left.

    it won't do it, it gives me some weird error message like : unsuspected
    error in the property page : ...

    Eric

    Eric Allen, Apr 20, 2010
  5. Eric Allen

    Carlos Guest

    Eric,
    Try running the following command:

    %windir%\System32\SystemPropertiesProtection.exe

    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 20, 2010
  6. Eric Allen

    Eric Allen Guest

    Carlos wrote:
    > Eric,
    > Try running the following command:
    >
    > %windir%\System32\SystemPropertiesProtection.exe
    >
    > Carlos
    >
    > "Eric Allen" wrote:
    >
    >> Bobby Johnson wrote:
    >>> Correction:
    >>>
    >>> Do a right click on Computer and click on Properties; Click on System
    >>> protection in the upper left side; Click on Create button in the lower
    >>> right.

    >> it won't do it, it gives me some weird error message like : unsuspected
    >> error in the property page : ...
    >>
    >> --
    >> --
    >> --
    >> Eric
    >> .

    same error

    Eric

    Eric Allen, Apr 20, 2010
  7. Eric Allen

    Carlos Guest

    Eric,
    Try this:
    http://bertk.mvps.org/html/eerrormsgsv.html
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 21, 2010
  8. Eric Allen

    Eric Allen Guest

    Carlos wrote:
    > Eric,
    > Try this:
    > http://bertk.mvps.org/html/eerrormsgsv.html
    > Carlos
    >
    > "Eric Allen" wrote:
    >
    >> Carlos wrote:
    >>> Eric,
    >>> Try running the following command:
    >>>
    >>> %windir%\System32\SystemPropertiesProtection.exe
    >>>
    >>> Carlos

    >> same error
    >>
    >> --
    >> --
    >> --
    >> Eric
    >> .

    nope, nothing there for Win7-64bit errors

    Eric

    Eric Allen, Apr 21, 2010
  9. Eric Allen

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi Eric
    How much disk space do you have free?
    Is the drive set to create restore points? In control search box type
    "system"(no quotations marks)
    then click create a restore point, make sure drive is set to "ON"

    Kue2, Apr 21, 2010
  10. Eric Allen

    Eric Allen Guest

    Kue2 wrote:
    > Hi Eric
    > How much disk space do you have free?
    > Is the drive set to create restore points? In control search box type
    > "system"(no quotations marks)
    > then click create a restore point, make sure drive is set to "ON"
    >

    > "Eric Allen" <> wrote in message
    >> Carlos wrote:
    >>> Eric,
    >>> Try this:
    >>> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/eerrormsgsv.html
    >>> Carlos

    >> nope, nothing there for Win7-64bit errors
    >>
    >> --
    >> --
    >> --
    >> Eric

    yes, it is set to save, but it still comes up with that catastrophic error

    Eric

    Eric Allen, Apr 21, 2010
  11. Eric Allen

    Carlos Guest

    Eric,
    We are coming to a dead end here.
    Next step would be to take note of the exact error message you are getting
    and google for it.
    You shouldn't be the first one with this issue, so somebody else in the net
    might already have a solution for it.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 22, 2010
  12. Eric Allen

    Eric Allen Guest

    Carlos wrote:
    > Eric,
    > We are coming to a dead end here.
    > Next step would be to take note of the exact error message you are getting
    > and google for it.
    > You shouldn't be the first one with this issue, so somebody else in the net
    > might already have a solution for it.
    > :)
    > Carlos
    >
    > "Eric Allen" wrote:
    >
    >> Kue2 wrote:
    >>> Hi Eric
    >>> How much disk space do you have free?
    >>> Is the drive set to create restore points? In control search box type
    >>> "system"(no quotations marks)
    >>> then click create a restore point, make sure drive is set to "ON"
    >>>

    >>> "Eric Allen" <> wrote in message

    >> yes, it is set to save, but it still comes up with that catastrophic error
    >>
    >> --
    >> --
    >> --
    >> Eric