Restore your data

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by xsoft02@yahoo.com, Jan 31, 2007.

  1. Guest

    , Jan 31, 2007

  2. Dave Cohen Guest

    wrote:
    > Bad CD Repair allows to copy files from bad CD or HDD.
    > If your text or mp3 or any other type of file is corrupted then use
    > Bad CD Repair to save it!
    >
    > http://solidlabs.com/dvd/badcdrepairpro/

    If I copy a bad or corrupted file, will it still be bad, corrupted, both
    or neither.
    OK, I know the post is by a non native speaker who probably means well,
    but if isobuster won't bail you out I've little confidence beyond that.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Jan 31, 2007

  3. Martin Brown Guest

    On Jan 31, 4:40 pm, Dave Cohen <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Bad CD Repair allows to copy files from bad CD or HDD.
    > > If your text or mp3 or any other type of file is corrupted then use
    > > Bad CD Repair to save it!

    > >http://solidlabs.com/dvd/badcdrepairpro/

    > If I copy a bad or corrupted file, will it still be bad, corrupted, both
    > or neither.
    > OK, I know the post is by a non native speaker who probably means well,
    > but if isobuster won't bail you out I've little confidence beyond that.
    > Dave Cohen

    I don't know if this other one is good or bad, but it is potentially
    worth trying more than one data recovery program against damaged media
    to recover your data. Sometimes one set of heuristics will recover
    more than another even when the programs are roughly equal performance
    in most situations. Isobuster is hard to beat.

    A secondary problem is that even when physical recovery has succeeded
    the file may be internally corrupt or incomplete. A single byte or
    block error in a highly compressed file format like JPEG for instance
    can alter all subsequent decoding.

    Regards,
    Martin Brown
    Martin Brown, Feb 1, 2007