    Paint Shop Pro 8.

    Thanks for any tips

    Luk

    Luk, Apr 8, 2004

  2. Luk

    Alan F Cross Guest

    In message <>, Luk
    <> writes
    >When scanning old sepia photographs, there are often
    >rust-colored specks and blotches to deal with. What
    >is the best approach in cleaning these up? I wonder if
    >there's a way to attack this from the point of view of
    >color and clear up a lot of it at once.
    >
    >I generally use Photoshop Elements 2 but also have
    >Paint Shop Pro 8.
    >
    >Thanks for any tips
    >
    >Luk

    Go to channels (RGB) and switch off any two of the three. See which one
    you like best from the point of view of overall tonal balance and
    suppression of the spots. Delete the channels you don't want, and
    convert to grey scale.

    There are many ways to add back the sepia. I use an overlaying layer of
    solid colour (200, 125, 0), blended with Soft Light and reduced to 5-20%
    opacity according to taste.
    --
    Alan F Cross BSc LRPS: Heathfield Studios - Digital Photography, Web Design
    'Heathfield', Heathlands Road, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG40 3AR, UK.

    Alan F Cross, Apr 8, 2004

  3. Luk

    Luk Guest

    Alan F Cross wrote:

    > Go to channels (RGB) and switch off any two of the three. See which one
    > you like best from the point of view of overall tonal balance and
    > suppression of the spots. Delete the channels you don't want, and
    > convert to grey scale.
    >
    > There are many ways to add back the sepia. I use an overlaying layer of
    > solid colour (200, 125, 0), blended with Soft Light and reduced to 5-20%
    > opacity according to taste.

    Thanks. This is a great place for getting advice.
    Any additional ideas will also be welcome.

    Luk

    Luk, Apr 9, 2004