    ==============================

    There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and
    those who don't.
    Richard Brookman, Mar 4, 2006

  2. Richard Brookman wrote:

    > Can anyone tell me what to do to make OE the default email client
    > again? (OE is already set as the default program in Tools/Internet
    > Options/Programs.) ISTR doing this before, and it was possible, but
    > not obvious.

    Tools > Options > General tab

    You take it from there...

    Why not try Thunderbird for email? Much more like OE, but also secure.
    http://mozilla.org/thunderbird/

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 4, 2006

  3. ....and Beauregard T. Shagnasty spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

    > Richard Brookman wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone tell me what to do to make OE the default email client
    >> again? (OE is already set as the default program in Tools/Internet
    >> Options/Programs.) ISTR doing this before, and it was possible, but
    >> not obvious.

    > Tools > Options > General tab
    >
    > You take it from there...

    Doh! How come I spent an hour looking for that and didn't find it?
    <blushes>

    > Why not try Thunderbird for email? Much more like OE, but also secure.
    > http://mozilla.org/thunderbird/

    Will give it a try, thanks for the tip.

    --
    Rich
    ==============================

    Richard Brookman, Mar 5, 2006
  4. Richard Brookman

    Dingus Guest

    > Can anyone tell me what to do to make OE the default email client again?
    > (OE is already set as the default program in Tools/Internet
    > Options/Programs.) ISTR doing this before, and it was possible, but not
    > obvious.

    Make sure that it is set as default in windows.
    Start>Set Program Access and Defaults>click on the down arrows in
    Custom>Choose a default email program.
    Dingus, Mar 6, 2006