  1. I need to create restore disks for field laptops. Ghost is out
    because you need a license per machine. What's the best alternative
    that will allow me to create bootable recovery disks for 30 machines?
    General Specific, Dec 14, 2008

  2. General Specific

    Baron Guest

    General Specific wrote:

    > I need to create restore disks for field laptops. Ghost is out
    > because you need a license per machine. What's the best alternative
    > that will allow me to create bootable recovery disks for 30 machines?

    Ghost will do what you want ! Or try "Clonezilla"

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    Baron, Dec 14, 2008

  3. General Specific

    sandy58 Guest

    On Dec 14, 8:18 am, General Specific <> wrote:
    > I need to create restore disks for field laptops.  Ghost is out
    > because you need a license per machine.  What's the best alternative
    > that will allow me to create bootable recovery disks for 30 machines?

    You have three alternatives.
    1) Get a pirate copy & clone the 30 machines.
    2) Buy a copy & clone the 30 machines.
    3) Go legal & buy 15 copies & clone 15 machines.
    Try this instead, chum. The 4th alternative.:)
    Norton Ghost 14.0.1.24977
    D'Load:http://rapidshare.com/files/97892490/
    Norton_Ghost_14.0.1.24977_Incl_Serial.rar
    Password for UNrar:appz-http://www.wareznet.net
    Personally I would have gone for ATI. Good luck.
    sandy58, Dec 14, 2008
  4. On Dec 14, 5:39 pm, sandy58 <> wrote:
    > On Dec 14, 8:18 am, General Specific <> wrote:
    >
    > > I need to create restore disks for field laptops.  Ghost is out
    > > because you need a license per machine.  What's the best alternative
    > > that will allow me to create bootable recovery disks for 30 machines?

    > You have three alternatives.
    > 1) Get a pirate copy & clone the 30 machines.
    > 2) Buy a copy & clone the 30 machines.
    > 3) Go legal & buy 15 copies & clone 15 machines.
    > Try this instead, chum. The 4th alternative.:)
    > Norton Ghost 14.0.1.24977
    > D'Load:http://rapidshare.com/files/97892490/
    > Norton_Ghost_14.0.1.24977_Incl_Serial.rar
    > Password for UNrar:appz-http://www.wareznet.net
    > Personally I would have gone for ATI. Good luck.

    ATI?
    General Specific, Dec 15, 2008
  5. On Dec 14, 2:46 pm, Baron <> wrote:
    > General Specific wrote:
    > > I need to create restore disks for field laptops.  Ghost is out
    > > because you need a license per machine.  What's the best alternative
    > > that will allow me to create bootable recovery disks for 30 machines?

    > Ghost will do what you want !  Or try "Clonezilla"
    >
    > --
    > Best Regards:
    >                      Baron.

    I did and Clonezilla failed when I went to restore the first time.
    General Specific, Dec 15, 2008
  6. General Specific

    sandy58 Guest

    On Dec 15, 3:28 am, General Specific <> wrote:
    > On Dec 14, 5:39 pm, sandy58 <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Dec 14, 8:18 am, General Specific <> wrote:

    > > > I need to create restore disks for field laptops.  Ghost is out
    > > > because you need a license per machine.  What's the best alternative
    > > > that will allow me to create bootable recovery disks for 30 machines?

    > > You have three alternatives.
    > > 1) Get a pirate copy & clone the 30 machines.
    > > 2) Buy a copy & clone the 30 machines.
    > > 3) Go legal & buy 15 copies & clone 15 machines.
    > > Try this instead, chum. The 4th alternative.:)
    > > Norton Ghost 14.0.1.24977
    > > D'Load:http://rapidshare.com/files/97892490/
    > > Norton_Ghost_14.0.1.24977_Incl_Serial.rar
    > > Password for UNrar:appz-http://www.wareznet.net
    > > Personally I would have gone for ATI. Good luck.

    > ATI?

    Acronis True Image...the best for this job.
    sandy58, Dec 15, 2008
  7. On Dec 15, 11:13 am, sandy58 <> wrote:
    > On Dec 15, 3:28 am, General Specific <> wrote:

    > > > You have three alternatives.
    > > > 1) Get a pirate copy & clone the 30 machines.
    > > > 2) Buy a copy & clone the 30 machines.
    > > > 3) Go legal & buy 15 copies & clone 15 machines.
    > > > Try this instead, chum. The 4th alternative.:)
    > > > Norton Ghost 14.0.1.24977
    > > > D'Load:http://rapidshare.com/files/97892490/
    > > > Norton_Ghost_14.0.1.24977_Incl_Serial.rar
    > > > Password for UNrar:appz-http://www.wareznet.net
    > > > Personally I would have gone for ATI. Good luck.

    > > ATI?

    > Acronis True Image...the best for this job.

    Ok, I got Acronis.

    I got it to create a boot disk

    It is burning an image to DVD

    How do I get it to burn a boot disk with a drive image on it?
    General Specific, Dec 15, 2008
  8. General Specific

    sandy58 Guest

    On Dec 14, 8:18 am, General Specific <> wrote:
    > I need to create restore disks for field laptops.  Ghost is out
    > because you need a license per machine.  What's the best alternative
    > that will allow me to create bootable recovery disks for 30 machines?

    GS, is that e-mail of yours working? I sent you something to it.
    sandy58, Dec 15, 2008
  9. On Dec 15, 5:30 pm, sandy58 <> wrote:
    > On Dec 14, 8:18 am, General Specific <> wrote:
    >
    > > I need to create restore disks for field laptops.  Ghost is out
    > > because you need a license per machine.  What's the best alternative
    > > that will allow me to create bootable recovery disks for 30 machines?

    > GS, is that e-mail of yours working? I sent you something to it.

    It works. It looks like you sent me this message.

    ?
    General Specific, Dec 16, 2008
  10. General Specific

    sandy58 Guest

    On Dec 16, 7:28 am, General Specific <> wrote:
    > On Dec 15, 5:30 pm, sandy58 <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Dec 14, 8:18 am, General Specific <> wrote:

    > > > I need to create restore disks for field laptops.  Ghost is out
    > > > because you need a license per machine.  What's the best alternative
    > > > that will allow me to create bootable recovery disks for 30 machines?

    > > GS, is that e-mail of yours working? I sent you something to it.

    > It works. It looks like you sent me this message.
    >
    > ?

    OK. No probs, GS.
    sandy58, Dec 16, 2008
  11. General Specific

    Baron Guest

    General Specific wrote:

    > On Dec 14, 2:46 pm, Baron <> wrote:
    >> General Specific wrote:
    >> > I need to create restore disks for field laptops.  Ghost is out
    >> > because you need a license per machine.  What's the best
    >> > alternative that will allow me to create bootable recovery disks
    >> > for 30 machines?

    >> Ghost will do what you want !  Or try "Clonezilla"
    >>
    >> --
    >> Best Regards:
    >> Baron.

    > I did and Clonezilla failed when I went to restore the first time.

    Sorry to hear that ! It works just fine for me.

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    Baron, Dec 16, 2008